GM's newest pickup costs $9,000 and turns into a flatbed But you can't buy one in the U.S.

Here in Australia we have some US made pickups. Recently Fiat introduced the RAM and is now selling very well. (In 2020 there was only 2 vehicles that had increased sales in Australia. One was the RAM). But what we call Utes are the biggest sellers. But there's a different between a Pickup and a Ute. The Ute is one single body. Much like the El Camino.

Here's a history for those interested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupé_utility  Scroll down to see many variations of the Ute.

GM flirted with selling Utes in the USA a few years back. Same time as Pontiac G8's were being sold. (A number of US police departments used Australian built Pontiac G*'s). But Americans didn't want a 'small' pickup!

Edited by bruce t

On 3/25/2021 at 8:00 AM, mptjelgin said:

We have had a pickup truck of one sort or another since the late 1970's, and have hauled all manner of things, including manure. When we had a huge vegetable garden, we would take our pickup to nearby farms, or even the large animal vet in town and load it full of manure. We then took it home and either composted it or tilled it directly into the garden. So now you know of at least one person who has hauled manure in their pickup!

Don't tell my ex wife, but I hauled Horse Manure in the back of her Volvo Station wagon for my garden in Wellington Florida (Horse Capital of the South, or something like that). I did use 5 gallon buckets, but one did fall over on the trip home. Thankfully it was all dry and I put down some plastic first. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.