Volvo vnl front shock recommendation

trimster

I'm getting the distinct feeling the front shocks on my vnl need replacing. Any suggestions on brand ?

And it seems like 5 inner fender screws and I'd have access to the upper shock bolt removal using the beefy air wrench. 

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

We use Monroe here on the farm. The are reasonable priced. I have been wanting to try these fox shocks but they are so dang expensive. https://www.raneystruckparts.com/fox-shocks-premium-kenworth-shocks-b71-1001-65159-85070/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwutaCBhDfARIsAJHWnHvEed-v92w-BbDHccMFHmhl7wNQM5hAltaQtc5JELIzyfjQloLONzQaAjGEEALw_wcB

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

1 hour ago, billr said:

If they haven’t been off for a long time, might have to use the Hot wrench. 

I had to do that.  Funny thing, the right side was very stubborn and came off in small chunks, but the left side was not frozen and came off as designed.  The right side lower bolt was the problem bolt on mine.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Whoooa, the Fox are spendy. Those are out.

I put Monroe on the front of my international 4800. They were quite a bit better than stock.  With the limited mileage we put on,  maybe Monroe might be the ticket for now.

Thanks folks. 

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

The cab / sleeper suspension must be in top condition to get the best seat of the pants feel cruising down the road. Anyone remember the last Ford 9000 cab overs (aka "The Two Storey Edsel") with 4 corner cab air  suspension?  Anyhoo...

In my truck industry days these kits were very popular to stiffen the front suspension for off highway / high c of g work and to improve the front axle ride on tractors. Due to winter / summer cycle and general lack of timely maintenance our roads get a lot of cracks running straight across at 90 degrees to the lane. This condition can set up a pretty harsh ride in a class 8.  It can slop your coffee everywhere in a won ton towing on a "big fiver". 

The air psi in the air springs is controlled by the driver with a sensitive manual valve like a pusher axle uses. 

My KW T3 "baby 8" was ordered and built as a RV toter in 1998. The front suspension was modified and a Load Share kit installed. It has "variable" front suspension capacity and can be made to ride quite fluffy.

Canadian Load Share Suspension

Canadian Load Share

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever.