New to the forum, new to HDTs. Question about Nevada

Kozmic1520

Which sub forum would be best to find information about registering a HDT as an RV in Nevada? I don't want to make enemies on my first day by asking "the same old question", Ive searched but haven't found anything. I'm thinking of moving up from a MDT to a HDT, and I live in Nevada. 

The HDT forum has a "Stickey" list at the top. In the list is a link to the Heavy Hauler Resource Guide. Start there. Don't forget to introduce yourself, we don't bite.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Hi Kozmic - welcome 

What Darryl said ^

Most of the people on this forum have better things to do than beat people up for asking questions. 

There are Nevada based people on here stand by they will be along with additional info. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

I registered mine as a Motorhome. However mine was previously titled in Colorado as a Motorhome and made it easy. Others who just convert theirs have had to register as a private truck. Because I pull a trailer in excess of 10,000 lbs I need a class A non commercial license.

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

No, bobtail is not an issue. It is no longer a commercial truck. My insurance is not a commercial policy and I do not have a commercial class A. Others may have more to add but just because you drive bobtail does not make you commercial.

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

Kozmic1520, I might suggest you take your questions to the HDT section and I'm sure you will get some answers from folks that have HDT's.  The HDT section is extremely active and very knowledgeable people relating to HDT's.  

2001 Freightliner FL70, Cat 3126b 300hp, 860 lb/ft, 6 speed manual Eaton/Fuller

Motorhome body by Transport Designs (37 ft overall)

Motorhome Specs and Pictures

Our Music Ministry

The above post was not meant to be anything against Tahoe Shark or Darryl's advice, both who have HDT's, but there are many others on the HDT section as well and might add their experience as well.

Our Music Ministry

1 hour ago, usbusin said:

The above post was not meant to be anything against Tahoe Shark or Darryl's advice, both who have HDT's, but there are many others on the HDT section as well and might add their experience as well.

De nada. I did suggest the same thing earlier. In the meantime, we'll probably continue clogging up the General RV section. ;)

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

39 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

De nada. I did suggest the same thing earlier. In the meantime, we'll probably continue clogging up the General RV section. ;)

Which is fine. Us non HDTers like learning things as well. I have friends domiciled in Nevada.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

4 hours ago, usbusin said:

I might suggest you take your questions to the HDT section and I'm sure you will get some answers from folks that have HDT's. 

It seems that he has gotten some answers from people who own HDT units even here in the world of all RVs. He is welcome to post where ever he chooses.   ☺️

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Yes, sir!  He can post wherever he wants.  I just made a suggestion of where he might get some "real world" experience from folks who have HDT's and many experienced members at a site that has over 80k+ posts.  Just a suggestion, and yes he can post wherever he wants. No problem.  Just trying to help.

Our Music Ministry

On 3/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, usbusin said:

Yes, sir!  He can post wherever he wants.  I just made a suggestion of where he might get some "real world" experience from folks who have HDT's and many experienced members at a site that has over 80k+ posts.  Just a suggestion, and yes he can post wherever he wants. No problem.  Just trying to help.

Also - not *everyone* on the forums visits the General forum (at least not regularly).

Any reason to *not* ask on the HDT forum??

BTW - folks on the HDT forum will be glad to help out on how to use the  "sticky" section/s which will answer just about everything "HDT" !!