What did you do to your truck today?

jenandjon

Took truck into Volvo this week to have the ECU checked since it kept coming up on the dash saying it needed service; no issues found.  Was told these trucks often have this happen as a result of seeing a minor voltage issue.  Had the shop do a Turbo smoke test looking for leaks; found a few and they are now resealed and one charge hose replaced.  Truck performs petter.  Lastly had my air bag leveling switch inspected and ride height adjusted.  Parts replaced, level set and truck has not gone down (air bags) since last evening.  This ended up being a good trip to Volvo.  If you have not had a shop do the smoke test on your Turbo system I highly recommend it.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Cotreker said:

This ended up being a good trip to Volvo. 

Boy, you don't hear that very often about any dealership.  

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

5 hours ago, Cotreker said:

This ended up being a good trip to Volvo.

Was it Bruckners?  I had a good experience at their Midland, TX location, but had heard the Denver store wasn't so good.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Not my truck this time but the trailer. My fridge quit working a few days before we are set to leave for the west coast rally.  Over the phone diagnosis with the tech is that the cooling unit failed. So what to do? I have an old dorm fridge laying around so I got the tape measure out. It fits perfectly in the hole where the washer/dryer is suppose to go.

The shop is backed up for 3 weeks. So if we get parts ordered and make an appointment we can get it in right about the time we get back.

IEkL6LBl.jpg

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

On 6/3/2021 at 8:37 AM, dennisvr said:

Boy, you don't hear that very often about any dealership.  

I had a good trip to Halls in Tyler, TX.  They fixed my boost leak, boost sensor, performed an overhead, PM, and replaced the cab suspension for what I would consider to be a fair price.  Got it all done in two days.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Howdy All,

I have been without tunes in my truck for two years, scared to death of even attempting to do the needed wiring changes to install a different radio-CD player.  Now that most places will allow entry with out having a face diaper on I went to town and found a small mom and pop shop that sold me a very nice unit at a reasonably price and included all the wiring adapters already assembled and installed so that I could unplug the old unit and just plug the new one in.  Happy Days, Happy Days, the Pete, has tunes again.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

One hiccup on the way to the West coast rally. Hole rubbed in my dipstick tube splattered oil everywhere. Temporary fix is some foam rubber hose clamped over the hole. 

received_4168917719835166.jpeg

Oh my, what a farmer will do to stop a leak.  I once watch Dad cut a sliver of rubber off a tractor tire to do as you did.  Field repair.....

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Just got home from the West coast rally. I have another oil leak somewhere. Its not a bad one just enough to be irritating. I suppose I will crawl under the truck tomorrow and see what I can see. Could still be reside from the previous leak but I doubt it.

On the up side the batteries I got from Mr Cob at the rally and the Inverter I bought from.....I forgot his name, worked great. Thanks again you guys and especially Chad for helping me hook it all up.

Cant forget Wandering Dave. If you are in here thank you for your help also. Couldn't ask for a better neighbor!

Edited by jenandjon

4 hours ago, jenandjon said:

Just got home from the West coast rally. I have another oil leak somewhere. Its not a bad one just enough to be irritating. I suppose I will crawl under the truck tomorrow and see what I can see. Could still be reside from the previous leak but I doubt it.

On the up side the batteries I got from Mr Cob at the rally and the Inverter I bought from.....I forgot his name, worked great. Thanks again you guys and especially Chad for helping me hook it all up.

Cant forget Wandering Dave. If you are in here thank you for your help also. Couldn't ask for a better neighbor!

Glad everything worked and you were able to keep your refrigerator cold for the trip home.  I will let TahoeShark know his inverter did its job.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

50 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

I installed a 100 amp solar panel on my freighshaker. Nice not to have to worry about keeping it charged. 

You're gonna like having it.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 4 weeks later...

About two weeks ago I changed oil and filter. Started the generator. Put 5 gallons of gas in the 25 gallon tank for the generator. Will run it again in a few days. Then fill the tank just before we leave for the south this winter.

Took it for a ride Sunday. Turned the AC on and it is not real cold. Went to switch from outside sit to inside air . Click it went. Now the control lever does nothing.

Tried to install some Freon and cannot get it to take any. Then it did take some, just I do not believe it is enough. Now at first the control light on the firewall did flash as there was a problem.

I reset the control unit with the key. It says it is ok. But I think it is still low. The return line is not as cold as it should be.

Need to inspect the  control today. I did spot three small fiberglass cracks that I fixed last summer. Just never painted them.

Safe Travels,    Vern

Had the King Cruise control that has been sitting in inventory installed. My little Kenworth with dools is geared for the Salt Flats - it's missing about 1050lbs-ft of torques but talk about go downhill or with a tail wind 🤣. Like having cruise. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever.