What did you do to your truck today?

I have a couple grab handles off a Peterbilt that I want to put on the Freightliner to help the wife and kids get in easier. I figured a few self taping screws and we will be good but the skin is awfully thin right there by the doors. I will have to pull some interior panels out and find some structure.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Lots of fiddling and screwing around, but got it.  Knocked the big lumps off the Volvo this morning.  Now it's getting a soft water rinse, courtesy of Mother Nature.

Have you run the litmus test ? It may be an acid rinse . ;)

Edited by Pat & Pete
15 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

To post pictures, go to the site recommended by Jack. http://photoposting.is-great.net/

After selecting your picture and converting it into a URL, strip off the [IMG] from the beginning and end. Then copy the remaining link and post that into the forum using the Other Media link. A little clumsy, but it works. Jay

Thanks, did not know that before!!! 😃😃😃

16 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

You're quite welcome! Can't wait to see your pix. Jay

I got a lot done today, I am sunburnt, my arms burn from polishing by hand, and delt with the in laws all day. Everything turned out great. I am going to do everything I can to get them posted tomorrow. I am going to post on Facebook tonight if you are on there on the HDT forum.

Later Cory Ossana 

14 minutes ago, Vegas Teacher said:

I got a lot done today, I am sunburnt, my arms burn from polishing by hand, and delt with the in laws all day. Everything turned out great. I am going to do everything I can to get them posted tomorrow. I am going to post on Facebook tonight if you are on there on the HDT forum.

Later Cory Ossana 

"And a good time was had by all.." Jay

Edited by Jaydrvr

It snowed so I thought I would do a quick tune up on my generator. That turned into a couple broken bolts and needing new rings. I was going to actually follow directions and pull the heads off to clean the carbon. I sold have just kept buying new spark plugs. The first side came off real easy. The head gasket was leaking. Not a big deal they are $12. The other side was the one that wouldn't come apart very easy. So for now I am gong to pull it off the truck and install my spare. I may be in the market for a new generator. We will see. The bolts were really messed up so I'm not confident that the threads will be much good either.NE2C4hjl.jpg

Edited by jenandjon
7 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Looks like it's time to polish those bolt removal skills.  I think I'd try the ol' "weld a washer and nut on the broken bolt" trick.

They started coming out then got tight. I worked them back and forth until the first one snapped. There were 4 that were stubborn. We will see how this goes.