Looking for RV parking/storage near Oakland CA ... any ideas?

amarie1

A long shot, looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for parking my 30' motorhome for a couple months in the Bay area (not to stay inside it, just to leave it). I'll be staying with family, but I can't park by their home because they're up in the Oakland hills. I'm scouring Google and craigslist but thought I'd drop a line here too. Thanks.

2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2290SC
25 feet, Chevy Express 4500
"Angie" (short for Angel)

Thanks! I'm taking a different route this time, probably more south. Leaving in a month. I'd like to stop and see a canyon or something on my way. 😉 

2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2290SC
25 feet, Chevy Express 4500
"Angie" (short for Angel)

Not sure of any storage facilities around Oakland. You may check south or north of the Oakland or even Sacramento. You could continue your dive to Oakland in your toad, if you have one, or have family pick you up. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I used to live in Oakland and stored at a few places in the area.  Trouble remembering the names, but I bounced around as promo rates expired (like 2 months at 50%, etc).  Just do a search for storage on Google in the area you're staying, and look at sat view to see who has outdoor parking.  I do recall that Martinez and further East Bay was cheaper, but I would use the rig on weekends so I needed it closer to me. 

Also, the bigger chain storage locations like Public Storage and Store 4 All have sites that I believe can show you what is available for outdoor parking, and you can reserve online and everything.  Thats how I used to find the good deals before my next's month's payment was due, without really having to call around.  The smaller places though, you may have to call in to get rates.