VIN location?

tyates007

We just moved back to Idaho and I need to have the truck inspected so I can get Idaho title and registration. I can not for the life of me find the vin#. Sticker on door frame is faded so number is not visible. There is no plate at the bottom of the windshield. I had the truck inspected in Washington when I bought it 7 years ago so I know it is some where. Truck is 2000 KW T2000. Any ideas?

Hi tyrates007 - go to a KW dealer and ask them to get you a new sticker from Kenworth.  At the time I was involved with the business the replacement sticker is sent to the dealer who has to apply it to the door for you. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

1 hour ago, noteven said:

Hi tyrates007 - go to a KW dealer and ask them to get you a new sticker from Kenworth.  At the time I was involved with the business the replacement sticker is sent to the dealer who has to apply it to the door for you. 

I called them Friday about this. Sounds like a good way to go. 

There should be somewhere on your truck where the last 6 of the VIN is mechanically applied. KW B models have a plate on the back of cab on daycabs or lower right of driver door opening on sleeper models. As I said I’m not familiar enough with T2’s to say exactly where it will be. In any case a safety inspection will require the tech to see the whole number on the truck. 

5 hours ago, tyates007 said:

I called Kenworth and have a new door sticker coming. Should be here next week. That will satisfy the inspection. The last 6 are several places in the truck just couldn’t find the full VIN. 

Would it be possible for you to share the number you called to get a new vin sticker as mine is much like yours, getting very hard to read. Thank you

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

If Tyates misses your question 

4 hours ago, dblr said:

Would it be possible for you to share the number you called to get a new vin sticker as mine is much like yours, getting very hard to read. Thank you

your nearby Kenworth dealer or one ahead of you on your travel route will organize this for you. 

6 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

I would just call the dealer.. Jay

2 hours ago, noteven said:

If Tyates misses your question 

your nearby Kenworth dealer or one ahead of you on your travel route will organize this for you. 

Thank you both, kind of thought that would be how, will get that done when I return home.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch