Income tax refund yet

Anyone get their income tax refund yet. Got it in 10 days last year and it's going on a month now.

Also Biden passed the 1900 billion graft package in the senate last night, it has to go back to the house tho. 170 billion of which actual going to virus expenses.

Edited by agesilaus

1 minute ago, vermilye said:

I got mine electronically on February 22.

We got ours on the 22nd also (direct deposit) which was actually about two weeks or less  after the IRS started accepting returns. I can’t remember the exact date our return was accepted.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

I can't even file yet.  Still waiting on final brokerage statements.  Usually do not get them until mid to late March.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

6 minutes ago, TXiceman said:

I can't even file yet.  Still waiting on final brokerage statements.  Usually do not get them until mid to late March.

Ken

Wow.  Is that a major brokerage firm?  I've only used Vanguard, and they deliver them in late January.  Of course, mine may be a lot simpler than yours.  😀

1 hour ago, hemsteadc said:

You mean paper statements?

Nope, electronic.  I get the statement on line and on the top of the statement...PRELIMINARY, subject to revision.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

Ken, I would be looking for another broker if they can’t get the information out by end of February.  

Exactly.  We got ours mid-Feb.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I couldn't find my last year's return so we sent in a paper return but electronic refund. I got an letter about virus cash so they have it and at least partially processed it. I sent for a transcript of the missing year and got that three or four days after we mailed it in. All this was before the 12th using HR Block software. Figured it could take weeks to get the transcript but they were quite prompt.

I sent the IRS a statement that my tax payment is still being processed and will experience a short delay. Not sure what they will do? Lol lol lol 😂 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I just got off the phone with the IRS robo-supporter.  It asked me my SSN, Filing Status and amount of last years refund.  Then it immediately answered with: "Your return is still being processed" and hung up.

Sure glad they have a customer "support" line.  

😞

P.S. I filed electronically on Feb 11

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

26 minutes ago, DKRITTER said:

If you're getting a refund you're doing your taxes wrong. You have to much coming out during the year, your net should be as close to $0.00 as possible.

That's easy to do when you have a single steady income, but with investments etal constantly changing, not so much.

22 minutes ago, DKRITTER said:

Sorry, and I'm not being tacky.

If you're getting a refund you're doing your taxes wrong. You have to much coming out during the year, your net should be as close to $0.00 as possible.

Exactly.   We never get one because if we do make a small excess in estimated taxes each year, we just roll that rerun into next year's tax payments and recalculate our estimated taxes for the coming year.     

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I realize it's a bit like trying to predict where the football is going to bounce.

BTW, I am also self-employed and I feel the issue constantly. It like everything else is a constant balancing process.

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4318

2019 F150 KR 4X4 

BlueOx 10K Tow Bar