What Markings?

Billnsue76

I have a 1999 Freightliner FL60 and am re-painting it. On the truck when I purchased it was marked on both sides “Recreational Vehicle” do I need to mark it as a Recreational Vehicle or Not For Hire or?

57E5A463-7C9F-4889-9296-000D6044A9AE.jpeg

Edited by Billnsue76

I have no markings and have been FT for 11 years. I have been stopped one time and it was close to the Mexican border. I did not have the trailer with me. At the time my truck looked a little shady. I have up-graded my garage so it doesn't look so bad.

Big Texan.jpg

I use my HDT to haul more than my RV and have signs that say private RV.  One time when hauling some hay I stopped at the weigh and check station and the officer commented that the lettering on the front wind deflector directed him to look at my plates.   These Colorado plates are marked with RT for recreational truck.  The officer would have seen the plates sooner or later but he already knew what he was dealing with as I pulled in.  I have also had some county officers comment on the signs because my HDT doesn't always look like an RV.  The signs have no legal meaning and I don't know if they are good or bad but I haven't had any problems.