Loss of a friend

SuiteSuccess

It is with great sadness that we have lost a friend to many on this forum.  Mike Dillard, husband of Teresa Dillard, whom many of you met at the ECR, passed away this afternoon after a brief illnesses.  Those of us that knew Mike will remember him as a quiet and thoughtful man of great integrity who loved people and this country.  Mike you will be missed but know that tonight you are in the presence of our Creator and that all pain and suffering is passed.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

For those that might not know, Mike drove the conventional blue Western Star with the American flag in the grill. Mike was a true American patriot, a loving husband and a true friend that will be sorely missed.

He left behind a host of friends that enjoyed his sense of humor, his outlook on life and, for myself, his loyalty as one of the few, true friends that I knew I could call on anytime, anywhere, for any reason and he would would be there to help with no questons asked.

Godspeed to a friend that will be sorely missed.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

That is sad news.  I had not met Mike in person yet, but I had occasion to speak with him on the phone recently.  The conversation went well beyond the basic information for which it was originally intended and was very enjoyable.  I was looking forward to meeting him in person.

Edited by Chad Heiser

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Sad news to hear, I met Mike a few years ago at the ECR and when you met him he made you feel as if he had known you for years, RIP Mike you will be missed.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

I still remember riding in Mike's Jeep on the public hunting ground to the east of Deer Run campground. That was a fun day. You'll be missed Mike. God's speed. RIP. 

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

3 minutes ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Yesterday I lost more that a friend, I lost a family member it hurt so much taking Treasa's calls. Mike suffered for a short time, went to the hospital by ambulance, short stent in the hospital to hospice, and then to the Lords waiting arms. I can only hope that my time is as short.

❤️  Love to you Roger.  If Donna and I can help Teresa or you in any way please let us know.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

It's just hard to believe. I still think of the first time we met in TN. He steamed the best crab legs and brought a bunch over to our RV when he learned they were my favorite. Always there for a friend, real, honest, and funny. You'll be truly missed, Mike. Teresa, our hearts go out to you and your family. Please let us know if we can do anything. *Hugs*