Traveling with Pets Ruff tough Kennels - RTK

Vegas Teacher

I am sure many of us travel with our pets. I have 3 German Shepherds and they go on our adventures with us. I know when I am on the open road and my wife is sleeping on the bunk behind me Oldriska Z Weberhaus "Risk" loves to ride shotgun in the passenger seat, but when I am going into town and traveling through Vegas and I live here, I don't like having her roam around the cab freely. I love the Ruff Tough Kennel company for the Kennels they make. They are extremely durable, narrow and stackable so they take up less room. You can order them in any number of sizes and door placement or combination from the company. I think Bass Pro or Cabela's carries them. Yes I know Bass Pro Bought out Cabela's but I saw them for sure at Cabela's in Michigan, I don't remember seeing them at Bass Pro Shop. So if you travel with the family pet they are excellent. It is also nice because they are light weight and easy to get into and out of the Semi. I get in the semi, my wife is on the ground on the passenger side, she lifts and I pull it up over the passenger seat and set it between the two closet spaces.

Later,

Cory O - Vegas Teacher

I purchased a seat belt that has a dog collar clip on one end and a seat belt clip on the other. I clip the belt to my dogs harness and the other is fastened to the seat belt clasp and my dog is secure and can not get off the passenger seat to roam and is protected in a crash from flying thru the window. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

18 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I purchased a seat belt that has a dog collar clip on one end and a seat belt clip on the other. I clip the belt to my dogs harness and the other is fastened to the seat belt clasp and my dog is secure and can not get off the passenger seat to roam and is protected in a crash from flying thru the window. 

We used one of these for our previous Basenji (the one in my avatar) and it worked like a charm.  We started out using one with our current Basenji and he ate through probably six of them before we finally wised up and got a travel cage!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

FYI:

"Ruff Tough Kennels is officially re-branding themselves, their products, and their name.  Effective November 1, 2018, Ruff Tough Kennels will be re-named Ruff Land Performance Kennels".

Googling "Ruff Tough Kennels" (in most instances) will take you to the above *new* name.

Woof!

Edited by Pappy Yokum

On 3/6/2021 at 7:17 PM, Pappy Yokum said:

FYI:

"Ruff Tough Kennels is officially re-branding themselves, their products, and their name.  Effective November 1, 2018, Ruff Tough Kennels will be re-named Ruff Land Performance Kennels".

Googling "Ruff Tough Kennels" (in most instances) will take you to the above *new* name.

Woof!

Thanks!!!!

Cory

I know you like to do your research, so look into Variocage (NOT CHEAP).  We don't currently own one but will in the future, SO I am guilty of do as I say and not as I do..... and can't give you any first hand experience. My Wife competes in competitive Obedience all over the country with 2 Rottweilers. Many of her friends she trains with, use these Crates. Here is a good Video   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP3iACjUDkk.  Their website is https://mimvariocage.com/.

Safe Travels

Bob

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

11 hours ago, Radar274 said:

Cory

I know you like to do your research, so look into Variocage (NOT CHEAP).  We don't currently own one but will in the future, SO I am guilty of do as I say and not as I do..... and can't give you any first hand experience. My Wife competes in competitive Obedience all over the country with 2 Rottweilers. Many of her friends she trains with, use these Crates. Here is a good Video   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP3iACjUDkk.  Their website is https://mimvariocage.com/.

Safe Travels

Bob

Does she do the ACK obediance? Have you seen Charlie Hansen's Rottie, He went to worlds in Germany for Rotties and won! He is a Vegas Dog. Also if you ever get to Vegas PLEASE look me up, we could talk dogs and trucks all night. I will look into the Variocage, it sounds really interesting. 

Oh see if your wife agrees on this, the most important piece of training equipment, outside of the leash and collar, it an excellent folding chair that is comfortable. Whenever somebody new joins our club that is the first piece of advice that I give them that is not directly related to the dog, get a chair that you like because you will spend a lot of time in it.....

Thanks,

Cory O

Yes she competes in AKC, her last Rottie was #1 In the country Competing in the Utility Class a few years ago.  His Brother is still alive, he and his handler are retired K-9 PO (Drugs) and he is still used to demo Drugs and Schutzhund with his handler.  Don't know Charlie but might know his breading, we have been in Rots since 1970.  Our Dogs come from Canada now Esmond Rottweilers, their dogs have been to Westminister for Breed, Obediance and Agility.  We try to volunteer at the shows if we can.... That way we don't wear out our chairs and our Arms doing 12oz. curls.  Wife ordered a Double XXL Variocage yesterday thanks to you! I guess the truck chrome will have to wait for another day.

Bob

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

16 hours ago, Radar274 said:

Yes she competes in AKC, her last Rottie was #1 In the country Competing in the Utility Class a few years ago.  His Brother is still alive, he and his handler are retired K-9 PO (Drugs) and he is still used to demo Drugs and Schutzhund with his handler.  Don't know Charlie but might know his breading, we have been in Rots since 1970.  Our Dogs come from Canada now Esmond Rottweilers, their dogs have been to Westminister for Breed, Obediance and Agility.  We try to volunteer at the shows if we can.... That way we don't wear out our chairs and our Arms doing 12oz. curls.  Wife ordered a Double XXL Variocage yesterday thanks to you! I guess the truck chrome will have to wait for another day.

Bob

Bob I know what you mean. It seems like I should just give my credit card to Ray Allen K9, All K9, Elite K9 or Chewy.com. I get boxes from all of them once a month. I joined Schutzhund because I know my wife would have done it with or without me and that way I get to see her on the weekend. Have you ever noticed when it comes to buying something for the dog and ordering it price of purchase not a big deal, however when I order something for the semi I have to explain what it is, why I need it and where it will be used LOL. No I am kidding but I am guessing you understand LOL!!!!

Once again if you come to Vegas look us up, would love to meet you some day!

Later,

Cory O