States that have lifted virus restrictions

agesilaus

38 minutes ago, kurtsara said:

We don't watch the news so we were never brain washed. 

I see people alone in a car with a mask on. 

I see people riding bike alone with a mask on. 

I see husbands and wives together with masks on, nobody else with them. 

I see people jogging alone with a mask on. 

We watched news in the beginning but soon stopped watching everyday. We were told there would be used mask receptacles everywhere and no evictions for anybody. Then the governor shut the state parks on a Sunday afternoon and we were “evicted “ and were paying to stay. But people who were getting everything for free could stay in a government house and then get more unemployment. Doesn’t make sense but better stop before i say to much. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Barbaraok, I agree.  How can people not believe the science and simple act of wearing a mask to help all people.  The moronic governor of Texas is on the very of killing the mask mandate.  It does no good to try and explain any science to the non-maskers and anti vacc folks.

Even now that I have both shots, I will continue to wear a mask as long as it takes to be safe in public,

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

2 hours ago, agesilaus said:

But Kirk is right, the logical thinkers and the emotional thinkers will never agree.

And we are not likely to agree on which of those categories each of us fall into, either.  🙃

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I choose not to participate in this debate.  But I do have a specific suggestion that some may find useful.

I purchased a few 3M N95 masks, but other than trying one on, I've never used them. Saving them for any bad situations I need to endure like a round-trip flight from Connecticut to California.

I've tried 6 mask types: N95, cloth, surgeon and 3 brands of KN95 masks.  I chose the one I felt was the best for me and my relatives and purchased several packages of 10.  I chose them because they have an interior Meltblown polypropylene layer (like 3M N95's) sandwiched between two outer layers.  I chose the ear loop style rather than the elastic bands style.  They are priced at about $1 a piece for a pack of 10.

The masks fit my face very well.  But if you have a small head, they may be too large (that was true for one friend of mine).  The only relationship I have with the company is that I've purchased 60 of their masks.  

https://bonafidemasks.com/face-masks/kn95-respirator-face-masks/

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

16 hours ago, jcussen said:

We both worked at a pharmaceutical company (which folks are now getting vaccines from).  We worked with studies.  This Danish study would never fly.  It was poorly done and doesn't prove a thing.

DENMARK:  211,000 cases vs. U.S. 29,300,000 cases

DENMARK:  2300 deaths vs. U.S. 527,000 deaths

DENMARK:  5 million population vs. U.S. 331 million population

From the above link:  

The Times also cited pushback against the study, namely over the low rate of infection in Denmark at the time of the trial and the participants self-reporting, meaning their mask-wearing was not independently verified:

Other experts were unconvinced. The incidence of infections in Denmark was lower than it is today in many places, meaning the effectiveness of masks for wearers may have been harder to detect, they noted.

Participants reported their own test results; mask use was not independently verified, and users may not have worn them correctly.

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

43 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

We both worked at a pharmaceutical company (which folks are now getting vaccines from).  We worked with studies.  This Danish study would never fly.  It was poorly done and doesn't prove a thing.

DENMARK:  211,000 cases vs. U.S. 29,300,000 cases

DENMARK:  2300 deaths vs. U.S. 527,000 deaths

DENMARK:  5 million population vs. U.S. 331 million population

From the above link:  

The Times also cited pushback against the study, namely over the low rate of infection in Denmark at the time of the trial and the participants self-reporting, meaning their mask-wearing was not independently verified:

Other experts were unconvinced. The incidence of infections in Denmark was lower than it is today in many places, meaning the effectiveness of masks for wearers may have been harder to detect, they noted.

Participants reported their own test results; mask use was not independently verified, and users may not have worn them correctly.

Just posted the link, have no idea if it is true or not,  just like many things you find on the internet or read in the paper, but people believe them anyway.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

Lots of problems using masks properly and getting people to do so but I have to say to ME it seems to be logical and/or common sense that while not perfect spreading of germs/viruses or whatever are bound to be reduced if masks are worn by people. You may not be able to prove it but as Mr Spock said it is logical.  It may not be perfect but it is surely better than nothing.  If that were not the case I ask why they wear them in the operating room or on the wards in hospital/clinics or what ever where the possibility of infection is high.

You ever see someone around something really stinky how fast they will cover up their mouth and nose.  Too bad coronvirus doesn't smell really bad.

5 minutes ago, bigjim said:

If that were not the case I ask why they wear them in the operating room or on the wards in hospital/clinics or what ever where the possibility of infection is high.

Exactly.  When surgeons and nurses stop wearing masks then perhaps I'll rethink my position.

Well I would guess  that the live ones could be infected by you if you have something infectious but don't know of it. Or if they have something infectious and you need to care for them you could be infected. Essentially if it is a dead body I guess the medical personnel are the only one at risk.

D

Edited by bigjim
Posted some info I got at least partially wrong

2 hours ago, kurtsara said:

How many bodies do you cut into that you could infect?

How many particles does someone who is asymptomatic  release when they are talking?  How many will it take to infect you if neither of you are wearing a mask? 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

10 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

How many particles does someone who is asymptomatic  release when they are talking?  How many will it take to infect you if neither of you are wearing a mask? 

Not living my life like a paranoid person, life is to short anyway, I'm going to have fun. 

This forum has to be one of the most depressing forums to read, everything is about covid or when someone gets there shots, I must be the young one here at 60 years old. 

It is no wonder not many new members stay here after they post a few times. 

Edited by kurtsara

I have to admit I am confused. You asked a question and made a statement and you seem upset that there is a reply. I hope I am truly just confused.  It is not a personal attack and you are very welcome here. Some of us maybe taking this more serious based on our own experiences. For instance on about Jan 24, we lost an escapees member named Jim Spence (Devilishjim on the forum).  I have had close friends die of Covid and as I was typing this on ABC they reported on a couple that had been married for 60 yrs, that got it and died not long before they were scheduled to get the shot.  So I guess we are taking it deadly serious.  I can't really find a way to make that cheerful.

My suggestion is just ignore those topics and use the ones you like. I hope you do not take this as a personal attack as it is just and answer to a statement you made that I don't understand.

1 hour ago, kurtsara said:

Not living my life like a paranoid person, life is to short anyway, I'm going to have fun. 

This forum has to be one of the most depressing forums to read, everything is about covid or when someone gets there shots, I must be the young one here at 60 years old. 

It is no wonder not many new members stay here after they post a few times. 

👍

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

2 hours ago, kurtsara said:

This forum has to be one of the most depressing forums to read, everything is about covid or when someone gets there shots, I must be the young one here at 60 years old. It is no wonder not many new members stay here after they post a few times. 

We're all impressed with your astute observations.

Edited by hemsteadc

5 hours ago, kurtsara said:

We're not usually like that but nothing is like usual during this pandemic. With travel severely limited for so many what are we supposed to talk about except how to get back out there again safely?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, agesilaus said:

Add Texas to the no restriction list. Just FYI and no replies wanted

I think I'll reply anyway.

In the face of health official warnings, the TX governor lifts mask mandate, and another state gets added to your atta boy list.

I find it more telling what you don't say.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

I may be in the minority but am glad Gov. Abbott came to his senses and killed the State wide mandate. Businesses can do as they please but having a mask mandate statewide when some counties have less than 1,000 population was ludicrous 

Edited by Big Rick

Mississippi:

JUST IN - Gov. Reeves lifts all mask mandates in #Mississippi and businesses can begin to operate at full capacity without any state-imposed restrictions.

expanded comment:

Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves made a similar announcement shortly thereafter — on a shorter timeline.

“Starting tomorrow, we are lifting all of our county mask mandates and businesses will be able to operate at full capacity without any state-imposed rules. Our hospitalizations and case numbers have plummeted, and the vaccine is being rapidly distributed. It is time!” he tweeted.

Edited by agesilaus