States that have lifted virus restrictions

agesilaus

No restrictions: Florida, Iowa, Missouri, Alaska, Georgia, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota and Tennessee. Arizona only requires masks in certain settings. 

Still some restrictions:

States who have rolled back some restrictions since 2020 include Alaska, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming.

Lists are a bit lacking, what about Texas and Utah?

I didn't include the url to the original article to prevent TDS attacks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, agesilaus said:

States who have rolled back some restrictions since 2020

Wow! I did not know Minnesota has opened restrictions. Having both received two vaccine injections we might actually go outside. If it wasn't winter here. :)

Linda

Edited by sandsys

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Lists are a bit lacking, what about Texas and Utah?

Texas still has a mask mandate as well as numerous other restrictions. There has been some talk of lifting the statewide mask mandate, but I doubt that we will see the larger cities stop requiring stores to have the requirement very soon.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

Wow! I did not know Minnesota has opened restrictions. Having both received two vaccine injections we might actually go outside. If it wasn't winter here. :)

Linda

From what I see it looks like we should be wearing our mask driving alone in our car, many seem to be doing it. 

Luckily I like winter, I'm outside all the time. 

It has been so routine now, that I often forget to take the mask off when I get in the car, especially if I had my hands full, put everything in, get in and use the hand sanitizer I keep in the car, turn it on, pull out and start down the road, sometimes I remember I have the mask on, other times, I'm in the driveway before it dawns on me to take off the mask.

Just finished the last of the masks for my daughter who is a special ed teacher and her aide (plus some extras for other teachers at her school).   She now has a all of the seasons of the school year plus a couple of masks with eagles in flight on them - eagles are the school mascot.  Plan to take all of the spring, summer and fall mask with us as we head out for the summer in the motorhome - just in case.  I expect that I will be wearing them even though we now both have had a second shots, for anything inside - so many variants around that I want to be a s safe as possible.  I fully expect that next winter we will all be told that we need boosters to cover the new variants.   It will take some time before it all gets sorted out.    I also plan to use masks next fall for things like grocery shopping when flu season starts again.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Minnesota has only reduced some restrictions. We are still required to wear masks and do social distancing but some places have been allowed to reopen with decreased capacity. We could actually go out to eat if we wore our masks to and from a restaurant and inside until the food comes. That is what they are doing in our in-house restaurant but I did not know other places were allowed to do so also. I probably should have realized that the facilities reopening here would mean that statewide mandates had changed.

Dave is watching infection trends here to help him decide whether to resume social activities in March. It's been a whole year now and he has really missed his group of friends. I hope he gets to go even though that means me figuring out what to do all evening without him; I can't remember what that was like a year ago. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

8 hours ago, Zulu said:

?

I suspect it is "T**** derangement syndrome" that agesilaus was referring to in an attempt not to appear political.   

Arizona still requires, by county, masks in retail establishments, but you can take them off while eating indoors.   Even though we  have had our 2 doses, eating at a restaurant indoors is not something I would feel comfortable doing right now given the high positivity rate (though falling) in this state.   Outdoor dining, that we might be able to handle.   But there are a lot of people now coming and going in the Phoenix area because it is Spring Training season!  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

ot something I would feel comfortable doing right now given the high positivity rate

There has been a six-week downward trend in cases. The highest 7-day average of 249,303 occurred on January 11, 2021. The current 7-day average is 66,348 cases, a 73.4% decline. The 13.5% decrease in the 7-day average number of daily cases reported compared with the prior week provides an encouraging sign of recent progress.

CDC tracker

29 minutes ago, agesilaus said:

CDC tracker

There is nothing in what you posted from CDC that changes my mind.  Also, we are going to see the numbers go up in about 2 weeks and Spring Training just started with a LOT of people pouring into the valley from all over the country.    Why would anyone want to place themselves where it is possible they could catch the virus even if the results would be a lot less with the 2 doses of vaccine?   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

8 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

.  Also, we are going to see the numbers go up in about 2 weeks and Spring Training just started with a LOT of people pouring into the valley from all over the country. 

Possibly from the CPAC convention too.  That appears to be another super-spreader.

30 minutes ago, agesilaus said:

. There is zero correlation between lock downs, mask orders and such and the infection rate. This data is from the CDC weekly tracker

The problem is the correlation between infection rate and the percentage of people who actually obey  the mask and lockdown orders, not the orders themselves.  Other countries have handled this far better than we have.

Edited by hemsteadc

The State May have no or reduced restrictions but Countries and City’s still may have restrictions. Pima County, Tucson, still has restrictions even tho AZ has reduced the Statewide mandate. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

There is zero correlation between lock downs, mask orders and such and the infection rate. This data is from the CDC weekly tracker

Be careful using "correlation" as a stand in for "cause and effect". There's a diff. For example . . .

Babies have small shoes and are generally not as smart as adults who wear big shoes. In this case there's a correlation between show size and intelligence. However, to suggest that it's a cause-and-effect relationship is, well, stupid.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

3 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

There is nothing in what you posted from CDC that changes my mind.  Also, we are going to see the numbers go up in about 2 weeks and Spring Training just started with a LOT of people pouring into the valley from all over the country.    Why would anyone want to place themselves where it is possible they could catch the virus even if the results would be a lot less with the 2 doses of vaccine?   

Barb your post got me thinking about why I rushed for the vaccine and how I want to live my life from here on.  Thank you for your post.  I was in a store yesterday for the 1st time in nearly a year.  It felt strange.  In thinking about yesterday and your post I have decided I am going to live my life and while I will wear a mask and do some social distancing I am going to do things.  I want to see my children, grand children and great grand children.  These vaccines are not perfect so there is of course some risk but the odds are in our favor.  The vaccines are claimed to be virtually 100% against severe disease and better than 90% overall.  There is risk in everything.  Even getting into a car.  I accept that and I accept this risk.  I know I won't be here but for a short time and I am going to make the most of it.  We haven't come to the same decision but that is OK.  We don't need to agree but thanks again for pointing out that life may or may not change with the vaccine.  Our choice.

Edited by Randyretired

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Cause and effect is what happens at gathering where no one wears a mask and someone who is asymptomatic with the virus is shedding particles and 4-8 days later we see people who come down with the disease.  Lots of super spreader events have been documented including weddings, funerals, etc.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Randy, I agree with your assessment.  I see no need to NOT wear a mask while shopping because there really are only a minor number of us who have had both vaccines so far, but I also will be able to get together with people I know who are also wearing masks when out.   And we will be able to get together with family when we go north for the summer.   I'm going to Costo during the coming week for the first time in over a year!  I have ordered from them for delivery, but going in person I have avoided, so gradually getting back into the routine of daily life again.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

30 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Cause and effect is what happens at gathering where no one wears a mask and someone who is asymptomatic with the virus is shedding particles and 4-8 days later we see people who come down with the disease.  Lots of super spreader events have been documented including weddings, funerals, etc.  

More totally unproven progressive myths. Zero proof, just wild supposition made up to make them feel superior

I see no need to NOT wear a mask while shopping

And I'm still waiting for one of you to explain why, when you are protecting yourself with a mask, do I have to wear a mask. You think that mask protects you already. In truth thinking you are stopping a virus with a cloth mask is like expecting a volleyball net to stop a speck of dust.

And if the mask was effective it would have to me fitted to your face and discarded after use. No reusing contaminated PPE.

Edited by agesilaus

Isn't it amazing that since wearing masks and social distancing that there is hardly any flu this year?  Masks do work!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Slightly more believable but still zero proof. This is a prime example of correlation not proving causation. Just about all axe murders drank milk at some time in their life, so can you say milking drinking leads to Lizzie Borden?

Edited by agesilaus

7 minutes ago, agesilaus said:

Slightly more believable but still zero proof

What would you accept as proof of super spreader events infecting large numbers of people?

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system