Fort lauderdale, Florida

GlennWest

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I may be going to work there. Looking on line don't look too promising. Anyone been there with your truck

Not sure what your question is regarding. The job or being able to drive your truck to work. I worked in South Florida for about 10 winters, after living there full time for about 9 years. PM me if you like. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Go on campgroundreviews.com, type in Ft Lauderdale and you will get most of the parks in the area. The reviews are usually accurate and you can click on the campgrounds web site to get more info on the individual park. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

21 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Not driving truck to work. Just looking for rv park that accepts our trucks. Smart car for that.

I stayed at TY park in Ft. Lauderdale, not with my Volvo, but I don't think it would matter. It's a  "County Park" and has some restrictions and can be busy on weekends but when I was there the only problem was the train a few feet away. Took a couple days to be able to sleep through. There were a couple other parks but not suitable for a large rig. 

John Prince Park is in Lake Worth and has sights large enough for my rig. Also a "County" park and was full during "Season" and empty most of the other time another park just a few blocks away was good for a year but then management changed and I would never go back. It has been a few years, maybe it's better, or gone. 

The best place was staying at "Equestrian Ranch" in Wellington, FL. Did that for two winters. The owners have since divorced and sold it, but there are others around if you look hard enough. It had water and electric and I could go a month before having the "Porta-Potty" guys come by and pump out my black tank. Grey went into the horse lot. I'd do a composting or incinerating if I stayed again where sewer wasn't available.  

Good luck with your search. Summer is not fun down there though, at least in my opinion. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

Problem with Ft Lauderdale is it is land locked to the west with Alligator Alley and ocean to the right. Try going North by West Palm Beach. There is a KOA that looks like it might have larger sites. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

2 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

Problem with Ft Lauderdale is it is land locked to the west with Alligator Alley and ocean to the right. Try going North by West Palm Beach. There is a KOA that looks like it might have larger sites. 

The KOA is WAY OUT WEST. Even working in Wellington I wouldn't stay there. I visited it several times but didn't actually stay. Lion Country Safari is there too so you will have the occasional noises that you will wonder what they are. There is also the "Clothing optional" park close by too. 

Rod 

2007 Honda GL 1800