2004 Peterbilt 387 Plated as Texas MH for Sale

Techmuse

Hi Folks,

I'm putting my 2004 Petebilt 387  up for sale since I haven't used it in a number of years.  Its currently located outside Toronto Canada, but is plated in Texas as a MH.  I got it part way through import here in Canada when work moved me here, so it could be easily registered in Canada or in the US where it is still titled. Here are the spec's:

1) About 475,000 miles on it (I bought it at 446,000 in 2008) 

2) CAT C15 set up for 660 HP and 2200 lbs of torque (can be adjusted down)

3) 10 speed Eaton Ultra Shift automatic transmission.

4) Twin 150 gallon tanks

5) 82" Jackknife sofa installed in lower bunk with seat belts.  Original upper bunk (We had kids so needed the bunks)

6) installed Fridge, 1500 watts power inverter and porta potty to qualify as motorhome.

7) Has 2 tv screens which can be watched from sofa.

8 ) RAM Laptop mount

9) Wired for backup cameras (had them on truck and Trailer)

10) Custom air ride hitch rated for 30K

11) has Class 5 hitch receiver for ball mount as well

12) I left it tandem so that I would have the option to carry a vehicle on the back (We never found one that would fit our family of 5)  There is 13 feet clear to the pin.

It has barely been driven since I got it.  Had regular maintenance done on it.  Mostly had to fix things that result from sitting at campgrounds or in storage.  Before parking it here 5 years ago I had about $4,500 worth of work done.  All bags checked and replaced as needed, all brakes, shocks, etc.  All work was done by the local Peterbilt dealer and it passed the Ontario commercial vehicle certification (even though it isn't plated commercial).

It will probably need to have some work done on it again since it has only driven a few hundred miles in the past 5 years and none in the last 2.  I am prepared to get any reasonably required work done, at my expense,  before a buyer takes possession.

I'm asking $35,000 OBO for it.

If you're interested the best way to reach me is by email directly at Paul AT Michaudonline.com

IMG_4300_Smaller.jpg

IMG_4301_Smaller.jpg

IMG_9592_Smaller.jpg

Edited by Techmuse

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/21/2021 at 5:20 PM, Techmuse said:

Hi Folks,

I'm putting my 2004 Petebilt 387  up for sale since I haven't used it in a number of years.  Its currently located outside Toronto Canada, but is plated in Texas as a MH.  I got it part way through import here in Canada when work moved me here, so it could be easily registered in Canada or in the US where it is still titled. Here are the spec's:

1) About 475,000 miles on it (I bought it at 446,000 in 2008) 

2) CAT C15 set up for 660 HP and 2200 lbs of torque (can be adjusted down)

3) 10 speed Eaton Ultra Shift automatic transmission.

4) Twin 150 gallon tanks

5) 82" Jackknife sofa installed in lower bunk with seat belts.  Original upper bunk (We had kids so needed the bunks)

6) installed Fridge, 1500 watts power inverter and porta potty to qualify as motorhome.

7) Has 2 tv screens which can be watched from sofa.

8 ) RAM Laptop mount

9) Wired for backup cameras (had them on truck and Trailer)

10) Custom air ride hitch rated for 30K

11) has Class 5 hitch receiver for ball mount as well

12) I left it tandem so that I would have the option to carry a vehicle on the back (We never found one that would fit our family of 5)  There is 13 feet clear to the pin.

It has barely been driven since I got it.  Had regular maintenance done on it.  Mostly had to fix things that result from sitting at campgrounds or in storage.  Before parking it here 5 years ago I had about $4,500 worth of work done.  All bags checked and replaced as needed, all brakes, shocks, etc.  All work was done by the local Peterbilt dealer and it passed the Ontario commercial vehicle certification (even though it isn't plated commercial).

It will probably need to have some work done on it again since it has only driven a few hundred miles in the past 5 years and none in the last 2.  I am prepared to get any reasonably required work done, at my expense,  before a buyer takes possession.

I'm asking $30,000 OBO for it.

If you're interested the best way to reach me is by email directly at Paul AT Michaudonline.com

sent several emails, no reply.

Hi Folks  A number of people have asked about this truck, and I have been answering there questions via email, but given Covid nothing much has happened.  Current plan on my end is to have the truck in the shop this month and have the mechanic give it a good going over again (I had this done before it went into storage as well.)

I will have everything necessary to pass a commercial safety in Ontario completed (which was done before storing as well) so mechanically it should be near perfect.

Once that is complete, I will update this posting.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email me.  I try and respond to all of them (it's possible some got filtered out by my spam filter.  If I missed yours I do apologize.)

Sincerely,

Paul Michaud

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

Here is an update.  The truck has been in to the dealer and I authorized them to repair anything mechanical they thought looked remotely in need of it.  They have now completed the work and the truck is now ready for pickup as of today.  if anyone is interested in the Truck please reach out to me at the email address above or call my cell at 289-952-6063 as I am not on the forum much these days.

I commend you on doing your due diligence in getting it to a safe condition before offering it for sale.  It should help the new owner feel more comfortable when they buy a USED truck esp one that has been out of service for some time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...