sad sight in park.

GlennWest

I went yesterday to my daughters home to replace her water pump. Froze and busted. Anyway came home and water had come on full pressure. Before all we had was a pencil flow. Bothe campers across the road had water pouring out of them. Had a stream going down the street. They left when it got bad. I went over and turned water off and called office. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I assume that is happening in many states, the unusual cold caught many RV and home owners by surprise. You did the right thing.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We saw many new RV owners that did not have a clue as to what to do in freezing weather.  I tried to tell a few well before hand what to expect.  Some listened, some chose not to listen.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

My neighbor was patching his ptrap from under sink. It froze and cracked. We never had freezing temps inside our Teton. 42 was lowest I saw. But I had my lithium 21k battery pack to run furnace. But it shut down the last day of blackout. Found the bms dropped down and became unplugged. Still had 53v. Was stuck to pak with sticky tape but reckon cold cause it to come off. Rode all over this country and stayed on. Might replace with velcro

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

12 hours ago, TXiceman said:

We saw many new RV owners that did not have a clue as to what to do in freezing weather.  I tried to tell a few well before hand what to expect.  Some listened, some chose not to listen.

Ken

Yep, like this woman wintering in Michigan. She had her MH underpinned but was unaware of everything else to prevent freezing water lines.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

For my personal training purpose I messed around with electric tapes and heat strips but never had to use them and with electric failure would have been useless anyhow.  Not sure if can connect to battery power with limited time before dead battery.  One time my pink RV antifreeze froze solid in toilet bowl while TT in storage but all tanks and lines were empty.  My boy scout training paid off.  

368-cwo-bill-perkins-with-507th-dustoff-hoist-helicopter-sid.jpg.0b86834c3a6da7fc03d2a266cfaa1f37.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/498thDustoffUnarmedandAlone