Watched it last night with my wife, found it very sad. We truly have become a nation divided economically and while full-time RV living may be a choice for those of us fortunate enough to have sufficient means to enjoy all it offers we've met many nomads who have no other choice. Can't imagine working the sugar beet harvest at my age and seems unlikely others would if it weren't needed for income. 

Bright spot - Frances McDermond is amazing as always! 

We liked it too. Saw it on Friday on Hulu. We're big Frances McDermond fans too. We thought it was uplifting because Fern did have a choice, since Dave settled down and invited her to live with him, implying a marriage or other long term relationship. She chose to continue on. solitary but not lonely. Here's a good article about it, and McDermond. That movie was about us, remember the "palatial" Motor Home she commented on at the RV show? We saw the back row RVrs back at the turn of the century when we were full time 18 years ago. The movie was full of old folks like us, and the perennial urge "stationaries" have to invite us inside their homes for a real night's sleep and a good hot shower. And we have all had to explain, to a well meaning friend or relative that we have all that in our RV whether a van, a Prevost conversion, or everything in between. Lots of folks my age and up in it and many of the generic characters we meet on the road were also well represented and portrayed pretty much how we saw them on the road too. 

Yes some on the road and off are financially stuck wherever they are. But many of us on the road and off, are right where we wanted to be.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/how-the-frances-mcdormand-drama-nomadland-defies-hollywood-ageism/ar-BB1dSdQq?ocid=uxbndlbing

Having been a van dweller attending Bob Well's Rubber Tramp Rendezvous I have met some of the people in the movie and I can attest to the reality shown therein. True, my van was upscale but the people I met while out there were real.

If you are interested in helping people like these, Please, check out Bob's new support organization at https://homesonwheelsalliance.org. Donations don't have to be huge but they make all the difference to those living on the edge.

Linda Sand