I got my Pfizer Covid First Dose 13 Feb 21

OK folks I got my second shot last Saturday at 6:30 pm and the only thing that happened was I woke up at 5:30 after going to bed at 1am. I usually sleep so soundly I never wake up or have insomnia. Yesterday (Sunday) was the day after and I was not enjoying the lack of sleep, so I went back to bed for another three hours of sleep and was fine. My arm was no more sore than my flu shots No other side effects bad or otherwise. This is no biggie for either of us. My wife gets her second Pfizer shot Friday the 19th Mar. Gotta run to Peterson AFB pharmacy before they close, as a prescription is ready. TTYL

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My wife had her second shot of Pfizer Friday the 19th Mar and her soreness at the site was a bit worse than mine. The day after however, Saturday, she felt terrible and said she had body aches like a mild flu or cold but that's all, no runny nose or congestion. Today, two days after the Shot she is totally fine again.

So we are done. (Now how about boosters for the variants?)

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

46 minutes ago, RV_ said:

Today, two days after the Shot she is totally fine again.

That sounds pretty much like my experience with Moderna. First was almost nothing and second hit harder but a little Tylenol took care of it. Pam had less problems than I. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

She was dragging for a day. I don't have allergies, natural or drug allergies. She has some serious hay fever and still smokes. I quit smoking almost eleven years ago and my so called allergies completely disappeared and are still gone. They stopped almost immediately after I quit smoking. After a month I was all cleared up.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

33 minutes ago, RV_ said:

I quit smoking almost eleven years ago and my so called allergies completely disappeared and are still gone. They stopped almost immediately after I quit smoking. After a month I was all cleared up.

We both quit back in 1987, just after the last son left home. Pam's allergies pretty much went away and my sinus problems did the same. Lately some of the problems have begun to return, but we are at least 10 years your senior.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

RV I am waiting for my Pfizer shot as I know of no adverse reactions to their vaccine.  O Joe got his Pfizer vaccine and if it is good enough for him then I am for it.  I never smoked because of Army experience of being cooped up sometimes in confined quarters with heavy smokers.  God awful. All is well that ends well.  Happy Camper

https://www.facebook.com/Capt-Bill-Perkins-Evergreen-Helicopters-Singapore-HeliServices-Internat-1602761913330016

Edited by NamMedevac 70

I believe whatever one you can get first is better than nothing. But I'm a Pfizer Pfan too.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

March 29, 2021, 11:36 a.m. ET
The coronavirus vaccines made by Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech are proving highly effective at preventing symptomatic and asymptomatic infections under real-world conditions, federal health researchers reported on Monday.

Consistent with clinical trial data, a two-dose regimen prevented 90 percent of infections by two weeks after the second shot. One dose prevented 80 percent of infections by two weeks after vaccination.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/29/world/pfizer-moderna-covid-vaccines-infection.html

---------------------

I'm 72 years old and received my second (Pfizer) shot last Friday morning.  I experienced very mild pain in my arm the next morning, but no bruising.  All pain was gone for me this morning.

If you haven't been vaccinated, please do so, as soon as you are able to.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

24 minutes ago, Randyretired said:

A friend tested positive with symptoms 1 week after his second Pfizer shot.  However, he recovered quickly.  Since he is 86 I think the vaccine was responsible for his quick recovery.

Maybe his shots promoted positive symptoms ? 

Goes around , comes around .

1 hour ago, Randyretired said:

I have read on Forbes and other places on the internet that isn't possible to test positive from the vaccine.

You can IF you’ve been exposed and are carrying the virus in nasal secreations.  Doesn’t mean you will get sick, but you could pass it on, hence wear a mask when out and about because you might pass it to someone with no immunity.

Edited by Barbaraok

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

2 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

Maybe his shots promoted positive symptoms ? 

No, he was already exposed before he had time to build up antibodies, but the vaccine helped ameliorate to disease effects.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

45 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

You can IF you’ve been exposed and are carrying the virus in nasal secreations.  Doesn’t mean you will get sick, but you could pass it on, hence wear a mask when out and about because you might pass it to someone with no immunity.

What I tried to say is the VACCINE as reported can not cause a positive covid test.  In this case he was infected with covid 4 weeks after the first shot.  It is reported that immunity is around 90% at that point.  However, his entire family also tested positive for covid so I expect it overwhelmed his immunity.  Still he recovered quickly without complications.  It has been reported that the vaccines are virtually 100% effective at stopping serious disease.  Considering his age it would appear to have worked as advertised.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

The vaccine means you won't die and likely will not get sick, but if you do, your illness will be much easier.  So far NO ONE has died who was vaccinated,  about 10% will become ill, but they don't die and I don't think any have been intubated.   In fact, most don't end up in the hospital, as their body has ammunition against the virus and they can help that along with convalescent plasma.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

On 3/3/2021 at 4:54 AM, Kirk W said:

It would be interesting to know how many on the forums now have received 1 or both covid shots by now. The list is clearly growing steadily, from what has been posted. 

We got our first earlier this month and our second is scheduled for April 8.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I am scheduled for surgery Apr.9, I had both Moderna shots in Jan.  Apr. 4 I must go to the hospital for a COVID19 test then come immediately home and quarantine until I go directly to the hospital on the 9th.

The hospital said I can still get/carry the virus. The first Moderna shot gives 80% protection, the 2nd shot ups that to 90% from having a severe case.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Statistics from: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778234 list COVID-19 the third leading cause of death in 2020.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Got our second Pfizer shot on Friday.  Both of us had less side effects than the first shot, which is a strong indicator that we had Covid some time in the past.  We know when that was, December 2019 to January 2020, when we were both sick after being in Los Angeles area going to museums, aquariums and the Queen Mary. 

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

4 hours ago, Bill Joyce said:

Got our second Pfizer shot on Friday.  Both of us had less side effects than the first shot, which is a strong indicator that we had Covid some time in the past.  We know when that was, December 2019 to January 2020, when we were both sick after being in Los Angeles area going to museums, aquariums and the Queen Mary. 

Here's a good read on the subject of not having side effects.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/if-you-dont-have-covid-vaccine-side-effects-are-you-still-protected/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Bill,

Really glad, if you guys did have it, that neither you, nor Diane, died or had permanent damage of one kind or another. I believe there may be a correlation between not getting Covid, and brightly colored Hawaiian shirts. :o:P:D

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

22 hours ago, Bill Joyce said:

The folks at the Healthline as well as other sources disagree with that.

In addition, people who previously had COVID-19 tend to have stronger reactions to the vaccine.

“If they have immunity to [SARS-CoV-2], they will likely have a stronger reaction to the vaccine,” Thompson said.

That is taken from this article.  The wife and I had very mild reactions to the second shot consisting of a little muscle ache and neither of us have been sick at all in the last 3 or 4 years. 

I personally am not really sure I would use a level of reaction to a vaccine as a diagnostic tool. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Wife and I, minor sore arm after first shot.  Second, wife was tired for a day, son it wiped out for 3 days, he's still not up to par.  I got mine yesterday, so far I am wiped out.  Sore arm, headache, muscles sore all over my body and I'm so darn tired I'm going back to bed shortly.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.