I got my Pfizer Covid First Dose 13 Feb 21

44 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

FWIW it is the second shot that causes the most reaction per people that have had it and the people giving the shots. Here's hoping you are among those that do not have a reaction.

While we had a bit more with the second shot, we took the advice of our family nurses and both took some ibuprofen soon after the shot, then again the following morning and while we did experience some degree of tiredness, and a bit more sore arm than with the flu, it was all very minor and was completely gone in 24 hours or so. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it is worth, both my physician & the pharmacist that provided my second shot suggested Tylenol (acetaminophen) rather than any of the nsaids since nsaids tend to fight the reaction the vaccine is producing.  Of course there are others that say nsaids don't cause any problems. 

I had a bit of a rough night & following morning after my second Moderna injection.  I was surprised - I rarely have reactions to vaccines or strong side effects from meds.  Felt back to normal by evening the day after.

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

We know a lot of people that had pretty strong reactions to the Moderna vaccine.  We had the Pfizer and the second shot was the sore arm, and some general muscle aches the next morning (Dave for a couple of days).  Of course at our age, it is hard to know whether it is the arthritis or not. 😎

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Gary, I know that and hope so too. My past vaccinations in the military produced none of the negative side effects. If I do get some - Oh well! Spit happens.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

My cost benefit analysis, like all of you who got vaccinated. COVID19 = really horrid or lethal. I cannot imagine a more painful way to die, alone, and suffocating as my lungs fill up. Thus my desire to vaccinate.

I am a coward thus one of my reasons for moving to Colorado among many is the legal physician assisted suicide. My wife and sons all know I do not want to live on machines. So if I was facing the same kinds of permanent damage for surviving as many have had, nor do that last two months or more I have seen with the gradual upping of opiates until I don't eat and they told us, when we went through it with our last parents in 2015 and 2016 that they felt nothing and were comfortable. If I contract any of those I can check out before it gets too bad here legally.

My religion keeps me safe however. See I am a devout, practicing, coward. ;):P

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

1 hour ago, RV_ said:

Gary, I know that and hope so too. My past vaccinations in the military produced none of the negative side effects. If I do get some - Oh well! Spit happens

I think my/our biggest worry is from the next door neighbor in the park we are in. She is a nurse and got the vaccine early on due to her job. She had a horrible reaction to the second shot. She felt so bad she said even said her skin hurt.

I am kind of pain  intolerant and a big baby when I get sick so I hope any reactions we have are very, very minor.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

RV if you are still here did you receive any form of documentation that you received the shot and if so what did it look like.  I have heard strong GOSSIP that some countries or businesses may in future require one to prove he or she has been vaccinated.  Just curious not concerned. Friendly regards,  Dustoff Three Three

7 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

RV if you are still here did you receive any form of documentation that you received the shot and if so what did it look like.  I have heard strong GOSSIP that some countries or businesses may in future require one to prove he or she has been vaccinated.  Just curious not concerned. Friendly regards,  Dustoff Three Three

We received a “shot card” after our first Moderna dose on January 6 indicating our dosage.  We took the card with us for our second dose on February 4 and they updated it with our second dose information.  Reminded me of my old military shot card.  I have it handy and will take it when we travel to Alaska in June.  You never know when you might have to prove you are vaccinated. 

9 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

did you receive any form of documentation that you received the shot and if so what did it look like. 

doctor-holding-covid19-vaccination-recor

The cards are not all the same color nor exactly alike. The CDC isn't issuing everyone a card or supplying all of them but has a template that the cards are printed from. Ours are a pale yellow, and I have seen them on white as in the picture and also a pale green one. There are 4 spaces for entries on the front of the card, 1st and 2nd does of covid followed by 2 other spaces. It records the vaccine given, lot number, date given and who gave it for each shot.

At the top of the card is your name, date of birth, and a patient number.

Edited by Kirk W
Add information.

11 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

I have heard strong GOSSIP that some countries or businesses may in future require one to prove he or she has been vaccinated. 

I would bet money you are correct.  My first guess might be airlines. Since I got mine through the VA in Albq. they gave me a card when I go the first shot and then recorded the second shot on it when I got that one.  Mine is about 1/2 the size of the one Kirk pictured. I got Phizer.

Gary, I forgot to ask again yesterday but my youngest who is a nurse at St Jude had what she said was almost 2 miserable days after her 2nd one. Mostly fever.  She was able to function in a limited way and not at the hospital.  She is 45 and pretty healthy.  She says she would do it again.

5 hours ago, Ropeshaft said:

We received a “shot card” after our first Moderna dose on January 6 indicating our dosage.  We took the card with us for our second dose on February 4 and they updated it with our second dose information.  Reminded me of my old military shot card.  I have it handy and will take it when we travel to Alaska in June.  You never know when you might have to prove you are vaccinated. 

Take pictures of your card so that you have it with you every where you go.   You never know when you might need it.   

CDC Covid-19 Vaccination Card for those that want to see what it will look like.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I had a conversation with a gentleman today and it drifted to covid vaccines.  He said he was called for his vaccine but refused.  He explained that his wife had a flu shot a couple of years ago and she developed severe problems.  Some kind of rare syndrome that has left her with severe neuropathy from the waist down.  Walking is difficult and it feels to her that she is walking on pins and needles.  Anyhow his sister is in the medical field in CA and after what happened to his wife she also decided to not have the vaccine and they are fining her because she won't do it.  He said she is looking to change to another medical facility.  

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

There are cases where people do have reactions, especially to egg based vaccines like the flu.   That’s not the case now.   But one unusual reaction is  just that.  To base your chances of not dying on that is ridiculous.   And yes, if one works in the medical field unless there is a medical or religious reason, then following current medical protocols is essential for patient safety.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

7 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

There are cases where people do have reactions, especially to egg based vaccines like the flu.   That’s not the case now.   But one unusual reaction is  just that.  To base your chances of not dying on that is ridiculous.   And yes, if one works in the medical field unless there is a medical or religious reason, then following current medical protocols is essential for patient safety.

In Colorado they say that 86% of the deaths from covid occurred in people 60 or older.  That leaves the chances of dying of covid for younger people pretty small.  Very very small might be a better way to describe it.  I certainly wasn't going to tell him he needed to get vaccinated and his decision is ridiculous. That would seem to be his decision.

Randy

7 hours ago, Randyretired said:

In Colorado they say that 86% of the deaths from covid occurred in people 60 or older. 

Would you mind sharing your information source for that?  The majority of people who die of most natural causes are age 60 or older. 

In the United States in 2018, the death rate was highest among those aged 85 and over, with about 15,504 men and 12,870 women per 100,000 of the population passing away.

39 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Would you mind sharing your information source for that?  The majority of people who die of most natural causes are age 60 or older. 

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/what-share-of-people-who-have-died-of-covid-19-are-65-and-older-and-how-does-it-vary-by-state/

This figure has been used by the governor many times.

Randy

1 hour ago, Randyretired said:

This figure has been used by the governor many times.

Thanks!  This is the part that I was looking for. 

Adults 65 and older account for 16% of the US population but 80% of COVID-19 deaths in the US, somewhat higher than their share of deaths from all causes (75%) over the same period.

It is important to keep in mind the fatality rate for those over 60 without covid as compared to other age groups. One also needs to look at who those people got infected by. We have two neighboring couples who both caught covid-19, the first from an asymptomatic grandchild and recovered, the second from an asymptomatic son. In the second case, the son now lives with the knowledge that his mother (84 years old) caught the disease that killed her from him. 

10 hours ago, Randyretired said:

In Colorado they say that 86% of the deaths from covid occurred in people 60 or older.  That leaves the chances of dying of covid for younger people pretty small.  Very very small might be a better way to describe it.  I certainly wasn't going to tell him he needed to get vaccinated and his decision is ridiculous. That would seem to be his decision.

No matter how small, do you want to risk dying when there is a vaccine that will block that.  Dying from Covid-19 means your lungs and circulatory system fail and you literally drown in your own fluids.  Yes, they pump you so full of opiates that you don't care, but that isn't the way I want to go.   And if you become infected, you can infect others who might be unable to take a vaccination (like an infant) and thus be the cause of their deaths - are you ok with that?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

10 hours ago, Randyretired said:

He could also get sick, pass the disease along and cause someone else to do.  Just a little thing to mention.   And when it comes to causing others death, I don't feel the less afraid to tell someone that's what they could be doing.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

15 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

He could also get sick, pass the disease along and cause someone else to do.  Just a little thing to mention.   And when it comes to causing others death, I don't feel the less afraid to tell someone that's what they could be doing.   

You have never shown you were afraid to tell others what you think they should be doing.  I value freedom and I believe it is his choice.  We will have to agree to disagree. 

Randy

Keep in mind that the highest cases are in the 40-49 group.  I wish they'd be more careful so as not to pass this virus on to the older folks.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel