I got my Pfizer Covid First Dose 13 Feb 21

Here in CO the major health care systems all cooperate on getting us done. My first was a no minute wait as they have us each with a separate appointment. I had to show my military insurance and medicare cards for the first visit. They made an appointment for my second visit and gave me a CDC COVID vaccination card with all my inf from the first shot and my appointment for my second shot at the same place at 6:30 pm. There were plenty of parking spaces as it was in a tiny strip mall on the edge of a Kohl's parking lot.

It was the same routine for Lynda, except for the place, when she got her first Pfizer shot last Friday. Hers was downtown.

She felt a bit "woozy" that evening, took an Alleve and felt better in a half hour. minor tenderness at the injection site like a flu shot the next day.

EZPZ

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, RV_ said:

I had to show my military insurance and medicare cards for the first visit.

I am curious why they would want military insurance as COVID shots are covered in full by Medicare. We finally got appointments for our first shots this coming Tuesday at UT Health. They never even asked about insurance at all only that we show up with picture ID and the QR code from the email validating our appointment.

After you have scheduled your appointment, you will receive a QR code that must be printed and brought to your appointment or shown on the screen of your smartphone along with a government issued photo identification.  Your QR code is unique only to you and will be verified against your photo identification.

Interesting how different states are doing it differently. The lack of uniformity of process suggests to me that there will be a lack of uniformity in end results. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

For some of the big facilities, the administration of shots will be handled by the federal government in some other way than the way individual pharmacies will bill for administration.    Think about Medicare being SWAMPED trying to pay for each injection via individual claim requests.   We were asked when we signed up for the original ones, if we had Medicare.   I think for these (and I have no proof, but it makes sense) that the system running the big drive through injection sites will coordinate with the feds via some form to say we gave X number of shots to Medicare recipients and be compensated for it.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I'm not sure why there is so much concern with who is paying for covid vaccine and vaccinations, and how they get paid. Since there are several different organizations giving the vaccinations, it doesn't seem that surprising that there is more than one approach. In our case, we were vaccinated by a pharmacist from a local pharmacy that is authorized to give the shots and they are supplied through the normal distribution systems. Our community has more than 600 residents, plus the staff and there were 2 different pharmacies involved, one giving Pfizer and the other Moderna. Everyone who desires the vaccine here has been given it and none of us had to pay anything out of pocket. That is what I consider to be important. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We are TFL and so far have had to show both my military ID and my Medicare cards. We got our flu shots last year at the local COSTCO pharmacy and same ID requirements there.

In the past I've always had to show my military ID for care everywhere. It's the second payer now after Medicare so the providers now want to copy both IDs.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

5 hours ago, Randyretired said:

The government,  we the people already paid for the vaccine.

Don't you think the vaccine is an important thing to pay for?  It could be worse:

https://www.gobankingrates.com/taxes/tax-laws/shocking-things-taxes-pay-for/#2

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

13 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

Don't you think the vaccine is an important thing to pay for?  It could be worse:

https://www.gobankingrates.com/taxes/tax-laws/shocking-things-taxes-pay-for/#2

What makes you think I was complaining.  I only pointed out we paid for it.  Certainly seems like a better investment than some.  It just isn't free.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

25 minutes ago, Randyretired said:

What makes you think I was complaining.  I only pointed out we paid for it.  Certainly seems like a better investment than some.  It just isn't free.

Sorry.... bad assumption.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We got our first Pfizer shots on Feb 4 and the 2nd one Feb 25 at a mass vaccination site in Sugarland, TX.  No one asked for insurance or Medicare information.  All we had to show was a photo ID and our reservation form.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

9 hours ago, TXiceman said:

We got our first

It would be interesting to know how many on the forums now have received 1 or both covid shots by now. The list is clearly growing steadily, from what has been posted. 

Indiana is now vaccinating those 60 and over so we have appointments for our first shots on Friday. Mark is getting his through the VA and mine is at a health clinic.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

I've had both my shots, but I suspect I am considerably younger than most involved in this discussion.  I was able to get them because of my career (LEO).  Had I not been in this career, I obviously would not have gotten the shots so early, but I also don't know if I would have gotten them when available?  I am relatively young and in good health and am not particularly worried about catching the virus at my age (based on the statistics at this point).  I have also never had a flu shot in my lifetime.  This is also a choice I have made based on my age and health factors.  If I were older or in a high risk group, my opinion may be different.  I have read all the various COVID related threads on this forum and others I participate in and have refrained from commenting on any prior to this post.  Kirk was curious about who on the forum has been vaccinated, so I decided to answer.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

9 hours ago, Kirk W said:

It would be interesting to know how many on the forums now have received 1 or both covid shots by now. The list is clearly growing steadily, from what has been posted. 

Kirk, I think if this is what you are interested in then perhaps a new thread for that info only.

10 hours ago, Kirk W said:

You could start a poll.. Both the wifey and I have had both shots, her the Pfizer and the Moderna for me. Jay

17 minutes ago, Jaydrvr said:

You could start a poll.. Both the wifey and I have had both shots, her the Pfizer and the Moderna for me. Jay

You could also...    😊 I'm not sure that it would really accomplish much but I'll give it some thought.

21 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

You could also...    😊 I'm not sure that it would really accomplish much but I'll give it some thought.

"It would be interesting", that was your comment. I would only be mildly interested, I guess not enough to do it. Jay

Dave and I got both Moderna and have self-isolated long enough for them to take effect and to know we never got it. But we are still wearing masks and washing hands and avoiding group gatherings. Maybe next month numbers will be low enough here to start socializing again.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

16 hours ago, sandsys said:

Dave and I got both Moderna and have self-isolated long enough for them to take effect and to know we never got it. But we are still wearing masks and washing hands and avoiding group gatherings. Maybe next month numbers will be low enough here to start socializing again.

Linda

Yup, I want to see a REAL decrease in numbers testing positive.   I don't think the positivity rate really matters that much now because unless someone has symptoms I don't think they are going for tests.   But we are starting to have people come by for  grilling since it is now warm and we have a large patio.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

So tomorrow I get my second shot. No drama, we both had little to no side effects. Same sore arm for 24 hours as the flu shots. It was an Anticlimax after waiting a year for it. Hope tomorrow is no worse.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

3 hours ago, RV_ said:

So tomorrow I get my second shot. No drama, we both had little to no side effects.

FWIW it is the second shot that causes the most reaction per people that have had it and the people giving the shots. Here's hoping you are among those that do not have a reaction.