USAFE7Ret.

Thanks bigjim for your kind mention. Two Army Vietnam medevac pilots did receive the MOH.  They were Chief Warrant Officer Mike Novosel (now deceased) who was also a WWII and Korean War combat vet and also Capt. Pat Brady who retired as a General. Many medics and crew chiefs received the Silver Star, DFC and the Distinguished Service Cross that is just below the MOH.

This book shown here contains 26 true war experiences of Army medevac crews in Nam and 6 of those are my combat missions that included 3 where my Dustoff was moderate to severely shot up by NVA/VC ground fire and the third  completely burned up near LZ Uplift in June of 70 resulting in the death of my young crew chief Ken Lamborn of Auburn, California (news article).  He received the DFC, CMB and Bronze Star plus numerous Air Medals. Author and publisher of the book was wounded as a medevac pilot on a hot Dustoff mission in 69.

Many many thousands of combat veterans have written books and news articles, public TV interviews and some in movies of their experiences in all of America's wars so those who say real combat vets don't talk about their war experiences are sadly mistaken or jealous. Pat Brady wrote a book titled "Dead Men Flying" and Novosel's book is below.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=2115106485458192&set=pcb.2115109565457884

https://www.facebook.com/498thDustoffUnarmedandAlone

726503450_CoverphotoofbookDustoffandMedevac.jpg.42ec87a81230a4408cc86dfdefe6da6a.jpg197-stars-stripes-news-article-about-my-dustoff-firey-crash.jpg.ea9eaaa7c9b39aeb93a119471804be1a.jpg1794663065_DustoffVietnambookbyNovosel.jpg.2aadf4116044cb08d8a7255bc0783c3d.jpg

Edited by NamMedevac 70

Thanks guys I think we are all who served of a mindset. Combat or not.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

23 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

This closes the thread for me as I have had my say.  Will not be viewing additional comments.  Cheers all around to friend and foe alike.  

If you don't mind and we have your permission some of the others may decided to comment among ourselves about the subject if we wish.  Thank you and have a great day.