Advise on selling rig

Theos

I am downsizing to a motor home.  99 VNL 610 10  SPD. Smart car and 06 37 ft Teton.  Question is should I spend the time and $$ to really get all looking real good or take less and sell it fast while the market is good.  I am in no rush. 
Many extras like 800 W solar, Tesla Battery 3000 W inverter. Does one get any money for this stuff or move most of it to new rig?

Would appreciate any input from your experience.

ted 

30994478-4CCD-4BE1-BAA1-38B1CB158C40.jpeg

My thoughts,

Fix anything safety or highly object-able (like if AC didn't work), beyond that have it clean, like really clean and be very honest with the prospective buyers.  Most people can get a sense as to if someone is being genuine, they like to buy from people they get that impression from.

I don't believe you'll get dollars back on cosmetic 'things' unless they are significant and cheap.  Extras will likely not get you any cash but may help it sell sooner.

Price it well and have a lot of pictures, if you do that it will move in a reasonable amount of time.  If you want tippy top dollar be prepared to weed through a pile of prospects which can be annoying.

2000 volvo 610
2013 cyclone 3950

ontheroad.jpg

Good luck with your sale. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

You’ve got a great and well built set up that appeals to us, especially the three axle 37’ fifth wheel, but we’re admittedly a minority. I’d clean up the Teton, scrub the carpets and such, and make sure safety items are fully functional. When you post for sale, remember, you can’t have too many photos. Good luck.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

I learned a long time back, dumping $$ into anything in order to sell it is a loosing battle.  Clean it up good, be honest to buyers, it should sell.  Someone would want a camper/truck like that to do some changes to, to personalize it to their likes/style.  I'm sure campers are like my motorcycles.  You can dump $$ into it, put on accessories, chrome it out the wazoo, but in the end, no one will pay for the extras.  They will remove alot and fix it up the way they want it, everyone's taste is different.    By the time you add the cost of all the items, deduct that from sale price, it usually comes out to less than what you wanted, just let it go as is albeit a good bath.  IMHO

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Don't expect to get much for the accessories you've added.  If not too much trouble, I'd consider moving them to your next truck, if appropriate. 

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Give it a good bath and detail and sell as is. Probably get more by selling it all separately.  That would make a good starter truck for someone.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Don't post pictures of your dog (if you have one) in or around your RV.  That could turn off some potential buyers.  After you clean it up get a non pet owner to walk inside and make sure there are no "pet" smells lingering.  I love dogs, kinda like some cats, but would look extra hard at an RV that I know had pets in it.

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

13 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

I learned a long time back, dumping $$ into anything in order to sell it is a loosing battle.  Clean it up good, be honest to buyers, it should sell.  Someone would want a camper/truck like that to do some changes to, to personalize it to their likes/style.  I'm sure campers are like my motorcycles.  You can dump $$ into it, put on accessories, chrome it out the wazoo, but in the end, no one will pay for the extras.  They will remove alot and fix it up the way they want it, everyone's taste is different.    By the time you add the cost of all the items, deduct that from sale price, it usually comes out to less than what you wanted, just let it go as is albeit a good bath.  IMHO

I could not have said it better.

Just be honest with the buyer and don't hide anything. Even pets. If you've had pets in the rig, tell the truth. Lying/cheating is a never ending entanglement. Adults can't do it any better than children.

Only real "advice" I can offer at this time, is to never ever take payment and verbally agree to keep it until the buyer can come get it. Be firm when you negotiate timing of removal etc. Do not take payment until the vehicle can leave your premises, or have a signed contract with a deadline date and consequences for any time left past that date. No matter how nice the buyers seem to be, you must take these measures to protect yourself.

I'm a work'n on it.

• 1 month later...

Did you drill holes to install “stuff”? If so, AND there are NO LEAKS, then don’t mess with “taking stuff off”. Price it accordingly for what you’ve added. You WON’T get back what you’ve put into it. That’s just a simple fact of life. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!