Kenworths with Cummins KTA power

noteven

• noteven changed the title to Kenworths with Cummins KTA power
52 minutes ago, spindrift said:

I might sell my soul to have that engine in my truck.

Should you decide to sell your soul and take that course of action, make sure that it brings big bucks.  Diesel was really cheap when KTAs roamed the earth.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Don't watch the next sled pull with Plumb Crazy unless you want to see one break.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I spent enough time in them old trucks. No thanks. They are nice to look at but I need cruise control without pulling the throttle knob all the way out. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

54 minutes ago, jenandjon said:

I spent enough time in them old trucks. No thanks. They are nice to look at but I need cruise control without pulling the throttle knob all the way out. 

Same. I am ever so happy to see others restore and show off those old rigs. I'm a spectator, not a participator.

If I were to restore and old rig to "roll coal" it would be a Silver 92. Double O at minimum. Take a torch to the "pyrometer" to discolor it, remove the glass and bend the needle, then put the glass back in and break it. 5anna4.

If I could only have one option choice, it would be power steering. I grew up with "center point" steering and though it was better than the standard hub axles, power steering was theee option.

"Those were the days" as they say. Absolutely awesome sense of community in the trucking industry back then. Yep............those were the days..........some great memories to recall when laying down outside on a clear, cold day staring up at the beautiful blue sky.

I'm a work'n on it.

Who said everything in life has to be practical?  I've earned the right to have a little fun and I'd take it.  The simplicity of that engine, for the power, is one of the things that makes it beautiful. 

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

21 hours ago, spindrift said:

Who said everything in life has to be practical?  I've earned the right to have a little fun and I'd take it.  The simplicity of that engine, for the power, is one of the things that makes it beautiful. 

Don't get me wrong. I love seeing the old trucks on the road. I just don't want to drive them anymore. On the same note a family friend has an old peterbilt with the butter fly hood and 2 sticks. I forgot the year but he and my dad restored it in the late 70s. I was kid but I "helped"  If he ever sells it I'm buying it. I'm not driving across country with it. Just haul a little grain locally. 

Edited by jenandjon

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.