A visit to the Scania truck factory and test center in Sweden

noteven

There's a guy who visits here occasionally who's familiar with that Paccar facility......  His name is Brian, but his friends call him Scrap.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I've heard of that guy, haven't seen him around for a while though.  He's probably a bit more familiar with the facility than I am though.  All I've done is paint the Stripes on the 2 tracks they have there.  Been given a tour now and again while we were there working.  Very interesting place.

Joe

Unless they've changed their schedule, the open house day at the Paccar Technical Center used to be on a Saturday in mid-April, during the Tulip Festival in nearby LaConner.  It's a fascinating place and well worth the time to tour, if anybody is ever in the area at that time.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

3 hours ago, Phil D said:

Unless they've changed their schedule, the open house day at the Paccar Technical Center used to be on a Saturday in mid-April, during the Tulip Festival in nearby LaConner.  It's a fascinating place and well worth the time to tour, if anybody is ever in the area at that time.

Your right Phil, it is during the Tulip Festival in April.  My Bad on the month.  And yes it is well worth the time to attend.  Learn something new every time I am over there.  It is to bad that the general public can't see the Torture Track they run the trucks over.  Makes my Kidney's hurt just thinking about it.  LOL

Joe

58 minutes ago, Scrap said:

Just left there at midnight last night with a truck y'all can't see till next month! 😏:ph34r:

Taking it to Louisville?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 6:24 PM, Scrap said:

I got a 2021 T880. Its like the 660s tougher older brother. 560hp X15 cummins with 7 speed Allison. No much for top end speed but in the dirt shes a digging pulling monster.  Not much for fuel economy. 

[URL=https://i.imgur.com/gKOSWn5.jpg "target=new"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/gKOSWn5l.jpg "border=0"[/IMG][/URL]
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/m3zZPvb.png[/IMG][URL=https://i.imgur.com/gKOSWn5.jpg "target=new"]Click For Full-Size Image[/URL].

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

1 minute ago, noteven said:

jenandjon - are you sure it's ok to even say the A word on here? 

Thank you Parr. I have posted dozens of pics in the past. I dont know why I'm having so much trouble now.

We have 4 trucks with the A word in them. 2 class 8 and 2 MDT. There is no other way to go. I my line of work I would tear up another  auto shift in no time. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.