Best battery, lithium?

chief916

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/29/2021 at 10:58 AM, hemsteadc said:

I'm sure this thread belongs somewhere else.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to pass on your knowledge.  This person seems to want us to move on.  I'm good with that and respect that.  I'll do my homework and keep you posted.  

Ben "chief916"

• 3 months later...

Chief, have you reached any conclusions yet about your current needs vs. your equipment choices?

I have recently taken an interest, but only to add capacity to run a CPAP while boondocking.  

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

i would love to swap out my lead anchors for battleborn, but the co$t. as at one grand each (got to add in the tax), and would need a min of three,   and then a new controller and inverter.  it add$ up.

and seeing as i would like to also add in some solar (min 600Wh) there is another couple grand.

but i understand battleborn can only do 12volt dc? and i would like my solar to pump 24volt dc down, from what i have read it makes better sense to do 24 V over 12 V there.

maybe next decade. the solid state batteries will work? co$t?

I didn't see where anyone mentioned the problem charging Lithium batteries below 32°??

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 5/3/2021 at 9:52 AM, Sculptor said:

Chief, have you reached any conclusions yet about your current needs vs. your equipment choices?

I have recently taken an interest, but only to add capacity to run a CPAP while boondocking.  

Kevin, pm me.

Ben

sorry i could not find the video. but this young guy puts out a bunch of videos on lipo batteries. 

including taking them apart. 

in such you can see the build quality... or lack there of. 

from what i have seen. and read. on more than his videos. i am hoping battle born pricing can come down a bit. as there build quality, and as the only co offering a 10 year warranty.  along with the best customer service in this field.

renolagy does come in a close second, but the way they are built says no, till they change it a bit. as there price point is good. but not as good of a warranty.

home built sounds great if you are into it. but no service or warranty.

11 minutes ago, packnrat said:

sorry i could not find the video. but this young guy puts out a bunch of videos on lipo batteries. 

including taking them apart. 

in such you can see the build quality... or lack there of. 

from what i have seen. and read. on more than his videos. i am hoping battle born pricing can come down a bit. as there build quality, and as the only co offering a 10 year warranty.  along with the best customer service in this field.

renolagy does come in a close second, but the way they are built says no, till they change it a bit. as there price point is good. but not as good of a warranty.

home built sounds great if you are into it. but no service or warranty.

http://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoj6RxIAQq8kmJme-5dnN0Q&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiExsPo97LwAhXlYd8KHfV3AdYQFjAAegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw05whjqLbAswULWulSsl8MJ