Phone service providers ers

Hey all

I’m thinking about changing cell providers. I’ve been with U S CELL for many years. When I lived and farmed in Wisconsin, it was my beat choice price, coverage, and support. Many times friends would visit with their Verizon or sprint phones and be cussing about poor coverage in my remote area while I had great coverage with US Cell. 

now that Im traveling full time Im finding out this provider is not doing as well out on the road. Many others are getting great coverage with other providers. 

I’m needing opinions on which is your favorite carrier and why. I do use the phone for some calls on the road but find I do more text and E mail than actual calling these days. Also use the data for internet and directions and the camera. 

my I phone 6 -S is getting old and is time to replace and a good time to switch carriers. Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks

George the Greek

Obviously ATT and Verizon are going to have the largest coverage areas, especially if you start heading away from populated areas.  I know some of the other companies have really improved their coverage area, but are still far behind.  

The next problem you run into is that often in low population/remote areas there is often only one provider.  

Depend on how critical or how much you want to pay for your needs having both a Verizon and ATT account would be best.  

I had Verizon for well over a decade and had been happy with it, even though it did not work at my house.  Their prices had been going up and though my work I got a special deal on ATT.  I have had ATT for just over 2 years now, and they are my only carrier.  

Having only one carrier we have had to change locations we were planning on staying since I do telework.  I use a standalone hotspot for the majority of internet service and while it is unlimited, it can be throttled.  This happens from time to time.  For back up I use my phone hotspot which is both truly unlimited (no throttle) but also has network priority (again due to a special though my work). 

2014 Volvo 630. 2016 Fuzion 325T, RZR 900 Trail 
675ah AGM, MSH 3012 inverter, 960w Solar.  (2016 Chevy 3500 DRW, backup)

One of your BEST resources for this topic, from the RV'er's point of view, is https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/

This couple has been analyzing all this stuff for years, they keep up to date on technology and news, and have tons of videos in addition to their on-site content.

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio