Solar 12v-24v system integration

Dennis1979

I have a snap on step van I kept the truck converter and 12v electrical system. I now am about to hook up my 400 wattscof solar to the solar charger.Should I run all new 12v wires for when I'm off grid I have 3 house batteries in a compartment under the truck.Should I keep these systems separate or integrate them and how would I go about that walls are finished now so I don't want to tear the. Down and start fresh I've insulated over the pegboard and covered with luan type panels.I have ac outlets running off shore power not far from my Solar charger and 3000 -5000 watt  inverter.The truck in the cab has a combo converter-charger but I don't think its a smart one it has slide switches with 13.5,absorption,and absorption float choices on it ??????????????

The main issue with 12V wiring would be the appropriate size of wire for the maximum number of amps the wires will be required to carry. If the existing wire is heavy enough there should be no need for replacement. 

If you know the brand name and model of the converter-charger in the cab, sharing that information would probably get better advice. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Three 100AH deep cycle batteries is far to little battery power to connect to a 3000 or greater watt inverter.  Four deep cycle batteries are usually used to connect to a 2000 watt inverter.  

Three batteries and a 1000 watt inverter will power a TV, cell phones and computers.  Also the 400 watts should do fine keeping those 3 batteries charged. 

What are you planning on powering with the 3000-5000 watt inverter?  

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/