Help with battery suggestion

Joe E

I would appreciate help with suggestions for a new deep cycle battery for my 2019 Winnebago Travel Trailer. The current battery which came with the unit is a group 24. One cell is dead and its time has expired. I checked with a few auto part stores and they are focused on crank power marine battery. I seldom boondock however can see boondocking in the future. I do not have solar for a recharge and depend on shore power for or my truck to keep my battery charged. Open to any suggestions and it will be much appreciated.  I am fairly new to RVing and at this point reasonable cost is important. Thanks in advance!

Depends on how much space you have but a pair of 6V golf cart batteries will give you much more battery storage. You wire them in series to get 12V. But they are somewhat bigger and heavier than AGM batteries. AGM are at the bottom of the desirability spectrum, and tho they call them deep cycle they really are not. AGM is fine tho if you camp with an electrical hookup every night.

Edited by agesilaus

Golf cart batteries are the best of the true deep cycle batteries. You can get them in 6V, 8V or 12V. If you have room for 2 then I would go with a pair of 6V in series but if you do not then get one 12V golf cart battery. If you have access to Sam's Club or Costco, both of them carry golf cart batteries. 

AGM batteries are also available in deep cycle versions but could be more difficult to locate and they will cost more but they also require less maintenance. Amazon has 12V deep cycle AGM batteries from Renogy for $212.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Lifeline AGM batteries are top-of-the-line AGMs.  If you have technical questions, they also have wonderful customer service.  Best prices I found on these a couple years ago, including free shipping, was from batteryguys.com

Edited by MNRon

Ron and Pat, and 2 Portuguese Water Dogs

2013 Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax w/SuperGlide

2005 NuWa HitchHiker DA 31.5 LK w/MorRyde IS