Income taxes on remote work may get a supreme court review

JRP

The case Kirk mentioned had to do with a benefit the wife would lose if declared married. It's kind of like planning to return to a domicile, you might change your mind about domicile and get away with it but you might not. The couple mentioned decide not to risk it.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Blues said:

Did he say where he got this information? 

Not only does this not matter, you miss the entire point. The point that I was making is that people need to look farther than to consider vehicle registration, insurance, and similar expenses. There can be important legal issues and those will often be very different from one person to another. The choice of domicile for a fulltimer could become critical at some time in the future.

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

The case Kirk mentioned had to do with a benefit the wife would lose if declared married.

Really? You seem to know someone that I don't.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 1/13/2021 at 5:47 PM, Kirk W said:

Did he say where he got this information? 

Not only does this not matter, you miss the entire point. The point that I was making is that people need to look farther than to consider vehicle registration, insurance, and similar expenses.

That's odd.  You pointed out that ToddF gave wrong information about Texas sales tax on food, but when you give wrong information about the law concerning common-law marriage in Texas, it doesn't matter. 

Or, I guess strictly speaking it doesn't matter where your friend got his information, but I thought it was a polite way to point out that your statement about common-law marriage had not even a whiff of truth to it, and to then state what the law actually is.

And yes, I did get your point, which I agree is a valid one.  But maybe it would be better to just to say that, and leave the false buttressing out.  Or if you feel you need to give a reason, find one that's true.