Replacement seat covers

One of my brothers is an upholsterer.  I used to help him during my slow season, so picked up a bit of experience.  It's likely you can buy the covers and/or the foam from Volvo or whomever made the seat.  I know on many vehicles it's cheaper to just buy replacement OEM than to cut/sew new.

That said, I've never asked the Volvo dealer......

2 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

A similar question is has anyone ever had their seats "rebuilt" with new foam as well as upholstery?

Yup. Old Gramag seats had a sculpted base that didn't line up with my skinny butt, and my legs would stick to the Naugahyde. Had a golf cart upholstery shop replace the foam with flat, dual density and recover with real leather. $100 beans to do both.

9 hours ago, rickeieio said:

One of my brothers is an upholsterer.  I used to help him during my slow season, so picked up a bit of experience.  It's likely you can buy the covers and/or the foam from Volvo or whomever made the seat.  I know on many vehicles it's cheaper to just buy replacement OEM than to cut/sew new.

That said, I've never asked the Volvo dealer......

I know that one of the truck online shops sells new OEM bottom's with the original upholstery and foam for the Volvo's.

I'll try to find it again. 

https://www.suburbanseats.com/c/cushions-covers-upholstery

Edited by Parrformance
correction

I didn't do any seat work on the volvo (it came with new ones).  but I did install a new leather interior into a ram pickup on my own.  It was pretty crazy easy to take off the cloth seat covers and install new leather ones.  Ordered in new seat foam for the ones that were worn.  Took a weekend todo the entire project.

If you can order in replacement cushion(s) and leathers its pretty easy todo the work.  Worst case you could take the seat(s) and the bits into a local shop and have them do the work.

I've been looking at these. Not sure if they are replacement covers or 'slip-covers'. The latter would not work for me.

https://www.raneystruckparts.com/volvo-vnl-vnm-2004-2018-premium-factory-seat-cover/?gclid=CjwKCAiAoOz-BRBdEiwAyuvA6yetN-lvkCELnnRGDhF9IuFC5MQopCyRjISEEv20rPDVLu_Tu06yzxoCClQQAvD_BwE

In my truck, the passangers seat is in good shape. The drivers...660k butt-miles. Serviceable but the butt foam is ready for replacement. I have worked out a process for motorcycle seats (that makes them 12hr ride comfortable) that I'm going to try on the truck. I need to dig in and see what's under the cover.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...