Expanding my comfort zone

GeoKat

• 1 month later...

Well I made it. I'm on my 4th day of fulltiming in my new 5th wheel. Nothing went exactly as planned but everything turned out great in the end. Maybe better than I could have planned. 

I ended up with a beast of a truck, '16 f350 turbo, crew cab, long bed, 4x with a 3.73 axle. Got to know it while driving to Ohio to pick up my 2021 Palomino Puma unleashed, toy hauler with a 13' garage that's now my 12yos new bedroom. She's loving it.

I'm sitting in a koa while waiting for the solar panels and such to get set up for cheaper living but I'm definitely enjoying full hookups right now with this crazy cold weather. 

I cooked our first real dinner last night. Mushroom chicken with broccoli and cheese. Got the ruko hooked up and definitely feeling at home unpacking the stuff we brought with after selling the farm. 

My body is still getting up at 4am (farm chore time) which leaves me a lot of time in the morning before I get the kid up to research everything I could possibly want to know and getting to know the rig.

Thanks for coming back to let us know how things are going. I think that if you make some effort to connect with other Escapee members, you will find that we are a very inclusive group. After many years of membership and involvement in the group, I think it is that variety of people and of RVs that I enjoy most. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Nice to hear that things are working out for you!  In my experience, things rarely, if ever, go quite “as planned” when it comes to RV life.  Sometimes it surpasses what I imagine and sometimes it’s downright lousy for a bit.  But it is always interesting, different and never boring.  Staying flexible is important.

The only people that ever seemed to have difficulty accepting me as a solo woman RVer are those who don’t RV at all and think I’m nuts.  RVers, solo or not, understand, and are often excellent sources of information.  I try to return the favor when I can, passing on either information others have given me or lessons I’ve learned through experience.

21 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Thanks for coming back to let us know how things are going. I think that if you make some effort to connect with other Escapee members, you will find that we are a very inclusive group. After many years of membership and involvement in the group, I think it is that variety of people and of RVs that I enjoy most. 

Oh yeah I've been lucky. I've found two good forums so far. There are a lot of cool people in a similar boat.