Jump to content

Checking on Kevin, AKA Sculptor


Recommended Posts

Hi guys, and thank you Rick for asking about me.

I finally got the surgery on a Friday. which put pins in my radius bone.  We waited a week until the first follow up, and left the following Monday.  
The next follow up was scheduled here in Tennessee with a new surgeon at about 3 weeks post surgery. 
We just arrived today, and the appointment is Tuesday.  All records and xrays are in hand so the new doc with have them.  We intend to change our domicile to TN (after many questions/research) hence all the effort to get a new doctor here.  
The weather was turning bad there in Hutch.  Rick you remember the windstorm plus John K. endured an ice storm with us too.  Spending the recovery during an early winter in KS for the holidays wasn’t as appealing as being near our son and daughter in law In TN.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

It's good to hear things are working out for you.  I remember your bride was a little worried when you fell, the awning took flight, etc.  

Yes she was upset.  We have had a good week and a half of travel, but today the rough TN roads handed us another upset.  One of our slides has a bad floor and it gave up the final ghost today.  Hope she feels better tomorrow.

At least no accidents or injuries.  🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

It's good to hear things are working out for you.  I remember your bride was a little worried when you fell, the awning took flight, etc.  

How was your trip home Rick?  I think I read there was a breakdown in the last few miles?  I looked again but couldn’t find it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our trip was uneventful.  After Hutch, we went to Elkhart, IN to try and find parts to repair our fender where three tires blew a couple years ago.  No luck finding parts, but we found a body shop that can re-create the ABS flair.  It'll get installed/painted in the spring.

We recommend Parkers Crossroads RV for repairs in Tennessee.  Between Nashville and Jackson, on I-40.  Good folks. They repaired the roof on one slide, the floor in another, and installed our BigFoot system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sculptor said:

Hi guys, and thank you Rick for asking about me.

I finally got the surgery on a Friday. which put pins in my radius bone.  We waited a week until the first follow up, and left the following Monday.  
The next follow up was scheduled here in Tennessee with a new surgeon at about 3 weeks post surgery. 
We just arrived today, and the appointment is Tuesday.  All records and xrays are in hand so the new doc with have them.  We intend to change our domicile to TN (after many questions/research) hence all the effort to get a new doctor here.  
The weather was turning bad there in Hutch.  Rick you remember the windstorm plus John K. endured an ice storm with us too.  Spending the recovery during an early winter in KS for the holidays wasn’t as appealing as being near our son and daughter in law In TN.
 

Glad to hear you're doing better and establishing in TN.  Sorry for the bad info, I thought I heard you say you were doing the surgery in KS.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Av8r3400 said:

Glad to hear you're doing better and establishing in TN.  Sorry for the bad info, I thought I heard you say you were doing the surgery in KS.  

Good info Larry, the surgery WAS in Hutchinson.  We waited an extra week for the first post op checkup.  We then beat the NEXT windstorm out of town.  
We set up the TN appointment for tomorrow, then slowly came back the southern route, Branson, Memphis, then south of Nashville.  We are at Texas T campground.

re-reading my post, I said “a Friday” not which Friday so I could have been clearer.  It was the 23rd of October in Hutchinson.

Edited by Sculptor
Clarity
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rickeieio said:

We recommend Parkers Crossroads RV for repairs in Tennessee.  Between Nashville and Jackson, on I-40.  Good folks. They repaired the roof on one slide, the floor in another, and installed our BigFoot system.

I finally got a call back from Mike at Parker’s tonight before 5.  Thanks for the referral.  The price sounds better than expected, we shall see.  He sounds very experienced with all kinds of slide repairs.  If we go with them, it won’t be until early December.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Kevin, you are not that far away from us, about 130 miles. Hope everything goes OK with the doctor visit and the arm heals OK. As far as the trailer goes, I can feel the pain, we had both bedroom slides replaced last year on our DRV.

David,

I would like to know who hasn’t had the bedroom slide floors replaced. 
On our old 2014 Atlanta we did both as well, and this was pre Thor. 
 

Roger

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2020 at 7:36 PM, GlennWest said:

We had problems with flooring rotting in our DRV. What I found was no sealant under the trim. Trim was put on dry and sealed afterwards.

That seems to be the case with ours also.  One very thin fragile bead of caulk on top of the plastic angle.  Ends barely inside the flap seal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Kevin, you are not that far away from us, about 130 miles. Hope everything goes OK with the doctor visit and the arm heals OK. As far as the trailer goes, I can feel the pain, we had both bedroom slides replaced last year on our DRV.

Thanks!  Since you all have been so kind, I will update with some good news for a change, the new doc appointment went well yesterday.  We liked the office and the location works well for us since it’s in Smyrna near the son and DIL.  The high elbow cast came off!  Now about 3 weeks in a wrist brace then the pins come out.

We are at Texas T campground this week, maybe next, depends.  Cornersville, TN.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chief916 said:

Hey Kevin safe travels and heal up.  Take care.

Ben....chief 916.

Thank you Ben!  Stay away from the I840 around Nashville!!!  If there is any justice, those responsible for that road will have fleas and worse for generations.  🤬🤬🤬

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sculptor said:

Thank you Ben!  Stay away from the I840 around Nashville!!!  If there is any justice, those responsible for that road will have fleas and worse for generations.  🤬🤬🤬

LOL i sure will my friend.  Give a shout out from time to time to let all of us know how you are all are making out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 7:43 PM, rickeieio said:

So, Kevin.....  Last time we saw you, you had your arm in a sling and were waiting to see if you'd have surgery in Hutch, or have to go home.  Did all turn out okay, and are you on the mend?  

Just wondering........

Just a small FYI, they took the pins out of my wrist yesterday.  I will presumably be able endorsing checks again very soon.  😉
I am moved by the concern and helpful friends here.  Thank you so much!

I was able to visit another RV repair in Lebanon, TN.  We got a nice little tour and detailed description of how our slide floor would be repaired.  We have not scheduled yet, but will probably go with this place.

Lebanon RV Repair in Lebanon, TN.  Anyone have any recommendations for, or against?  Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

DFW RV Roof

RVAir The cleanest air in RVing!

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

AGS Now Hiring

RV Pet Safety

RVTravel.com Logo



×
×
  • Create New...