King, or Queen bed in your 5th Wheel?

Sherri Gregorio

Went from a Queen(RV)size Murphy type to a super twin adjustable that fits in my slide out. The Murphy would lift up and give some floor space back, but then the air wouldn't circulate and the wall would either have frost ( in the winter) or was very warm (in the summer) when the bed was placed in the "Using vs Storage" mode. The Murphy was also very close to the floor and a pain to crawl up and out of. 

What was thought of as a good Idea, really wasn't. I am happy with the current bed and put the "Sleep Number" mattress on top of the bed I use when I visit my Mom. She likes it because it makes the bed high enough to use to fold clothes after she takes them out of the dryer. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

21 hours ago, Chalkie said:

You clearly do not have a dog! 🤣 We have a king and our dog takes up the bottom center portion of the bed as hers. Period. LOL

i would love to adopt a couple more rotts.

i raised two of them from young pups. my molly died at 12-1/2 years age, loving to the end.

just right now the s&b yard is not “safe” for a dog. and work hrs are for ().

• 1 month later...

We've slept in King Beds for over 30 years together and didn't even seriously look at 5th wheels with queen beds when we were shopping.  The one we ordered has a King bed and a full-size one piece fiberglass shower with a seat.  I don't know how having more floor space around the bed would be beneficial to us, as we never dance in there.