Getting a vaccine location

Wrknrvr

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When our local Dr of many years says  it s OK to get it we will.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

31 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

I found the article interesting where it refers to Pfizer possible developing a powder version of the vaccine next year that may have just a routine refrigerated storage requirement. That would certainly be helpful in distribution to the more remote parts of the world.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

On 11/10/2020 at 5:53 AM, Wrknrvr said:

So I was thinking about where you would get a vaccine if you are on the road. Would you need to be at your legal address area.

Cart before the horse .........however - keep checking your crystal ball......if you have one...🙂

We are all tired of Covid and the restrictions and risks.  Even so take the talk of a vaccine with a handful of salt.  Remember Moderna months and months ago.  They keep making positive announcements and their stock jumped upwards.  It was all BS talk.

None of the drug companies and potential vaccines have made it through the investigation phases.  We can hope for great results.  We can be encouraged by press releases.  But none of that is certain.  Even when the studies are done we need governmental review.  Even then most of us will be skeptical.  Remember the lies about not needing masks?  Remember the early testing.  Huge numbers of tests were available and most of them were garbage with inaccurate results.  When the CDC merely asked the companies to submit data, 100 different test kits were quickly pulled from the market to avoid the risk of lawsuits for fraud.  I am definitely NOT an antivaccer, but I am going to be very cautious before taking a Covid vaccine.

In any case. IMO, it is way premature to worry about the protocols that might be put in place for distribution of vaccines.

Edited by JimK

Jim, if you go back and look at the statements on masks they never said no one needed a mask.  They knew then that it would probably help, but also knew that the hospitals were running short and needed them more and if they said everyone mask up, what would stores have been like - - you think TP was bad!   So they said most people didn't need one and gradually they came to understand that there was no way to tell who was infectious and that everyone need to be treated as such, hence getting a mask.   

Easiest way to decide about a vaccine, if Dr. Fauci and Dr. Hotez  are getting one, then that's the signal to move ahead.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

Jim, if you go back and look at the statements on masks they never said no one needed a mask.  They knew then that it would probably help, but also knew that the hospitals were running short and needed them more and if they said everyone mask up, what would stores have been like - - you think TP was bad!   So they said most people didn't need one and gradually they came to understand that there was no way to tell who was infectious and that everyone need to be treated as such, hence getting a mask.   

Easiest way to decide about a vaccine, if Dr. Fauci and Dr. Hotez  are getting one, then that's the signal to move ahead.  

I agree.  The fact that this is a Corona virus means that it was a new one.  Information from medical experts in the field of infectious disease evolved as they learned more about it.

Shoot, even testing is still not widespread. My dental hygienist's husband caught this virus, she went to 5 different testing sites and was denied testing at all of them.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

10 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

My dental hygienist's husband caught this virus, she went to 5 different testing sites and was denied testing at all of them.

Where did that happen? Here in Dallas Co., TX there are numerous places that the self test kits are supplied and sent to labs for you with no appointment required. Most of those where someone administers the test do require an appointment, but the appointment isn't that difficult to get an appointment for by going through your primary care doctor's office. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Where did that happen? Here in Dallas Co., TX there are numerous places that the self test kits are supplied and sent to labs for you with no appointment required. Most of those where someone administers the test do require an appointment, but the appointment isn't that difficult to get an appointment for by going through your primary care doctor's office. 

Illinois is where they live, but she is working in Indiana until they find a house there, he is still in Illinois until he finds a job and  she finds a house in Indiana. I have since been told the husband worked with someone who contracted the virus, he did not have it himself -yet.

IMO health care workers should be at the top of the list for testing and every other precaution with this virus, for without them the rest of us are at the mercy of every illness. Life would become like it was 150 years ago.

This morning Fox News said vaccinations might begin in April.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

58 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

IMO health care workers should be at the top of the list for testing

In this area, all first responders, healthcare workers, staff & employees of senior housing, and long term care workers are being tested twice weekly on their job sites. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We seem to have drifted from vaccines to being tested.  There was a news report this morning that CVS has signed on to be a location, all 10,000 outlets for the vaccine.  Nothing has yet been said about proving you have an underlying condition that puts you onto the top of the list.  Since the story also mentioned this happening sometime in April, it will be up to the new administration to set the parameters and get things started. It will still be a personal choice as to when/if each individual decides to take the vaccine offered.

On 11/13/2020 at 9:06 AM, Barbaraok said:

So they said most people didn't need one and gradually they came to understand that there was no way to tell who was infectious and that everyone need to be treated as such, hence getting a mask.

Right.  That's not lying, that's learning.  Big difference.  Lying is deliberately withholding the truth as you know it.

Edited by hemsteadc

On 11/10/2020 at 6:53 AM, Wrknrvr said:

So I was thinking about where you would get a vaccine if you are on the road. Would you need to be at your legal address area.

I have no idea about what will be required. We are and going to be at our legal address. Until when is in question.  So I think( which gets me in trouble at times) that this is something you may want to at least think about.

Wether you want one or not that is up to you.

Vern in a T-shirt 

I just read an article that the Federal Government is putting together a program designed to link state registries so that states can track across state lines who has been vaccinated and when they may need a second vaccination.  Specifically they mentioned a person receiving the first vaccination in their home state but needing a second vaccination in another state.  Such as a snow bird.  It sounds as if there are some plans for travelers.  Additionally the feds intend to track all vaccinations and study any problems that arise. However, since each state is doing the planning and prioritising for the distribution with in their state there may also be state rules to contend with.

Edited by Randyretired

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

From my small experience, I had the initial Hepatis shot in North Carolina at a Walgreens, and the second shot in Oklahoma also at a Walgreens.   If the big pharmacies can do it the gov ought to be able to....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

12 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

From my small experience, I had the initial Hepatis shot in North Carolina at a Walgreens, and the second shot in Oklahoma also at a Walgreens.   If the big pharmacies can do it the gov ought to be able to....

We can add to that with our experience.  We had the first Shingles vaccine at our home pharmacy, and the Shingrix vaccine, (the 2nd one) several years ago while traveling, in St. Cloud, Minnesota.

14 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

The difference being, as was discussed before this thread got a little derailed, is temperature. Hepatitis and Shingrix need to be stored at between 36 and 46 F. (as is true for most traditional vaccines) whereas COVID vaccines need to be stored anywhere from -4 to -94 F. A simple refrigerator handles the former but not so much the latter. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

On 11/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, Mr. Camper said:

We seem to have drifted from vaccines to being tested.  There was a news report this morning that CVS has signed on to be a location, all 10,000 outlets for the vaccine.  Nothing has yet been said about proving you have an underlying condition that puts you onto the top of the list.  Since the story also mentioned this happening sometime in April, it will be up to the new administration to set the parameters and get things started. It will still be a personal choice as to when/if each individual decides to take the vaccine offered.

Also Walgreens.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Camper said:

Correct.  When I saw the report for the first time, my TV buffered and I didn't hear the Walgreens addition.  On a later repeat of the broadcast, I did hear Walgreens mentioned along with CVS.

Assuming other businesses will also sign up to administer shots, this sounds like preplanning is progressing nicely.

Walgreens came to our retirement complex with the yearly flu vaccine so they will probably do so with the Covid-19 vaccine when the time comes to do that if they can figure out how to bring it while keeping it cold enough. Dave shops at our local Target which has a CVS pharmacy so he got his flu shot there so he's covered for Covid-19 easier than I am. But we are both glad to not be traveling at this time. Which doesn't keep me from checking out conversion vans like the new Embassy Duo. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van