We're Moving to California!

Zulu

On 12/4/2020 at 9:35 AM, Twotoes said:

Drugs and gangs have no problem going 2 hours away. Most are from Los Angles which is much more than 2 hours away. Stockton is on the top 10 list of cities with the most crime and poverty. 

We live in Sierra Nevada foothills north west of Sacramento and we call Stockton- Chicago west

us.navy.sere.patch.16.jpg

Stockton is relatively unsafe.  No one has disputed that..

The primary topic of this thread is Zulu's choice of a location to live in.

Do you think that  Zulu's choice is unsafe?

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

"The Slink Fire burning southwest of Tahoe near Topaz Lake and Coleville has consumed 26,752 acres and is 84% contained. Officials are hoping for full containment at the end of the week."

Changing the focus from crime danger to environmental danger smells to me like hunting for an approach which might stick.

Suggestion:  Congrats to Zulu and leave it at that.  Start another thread for a different topic.

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

1 hour ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

For those not in the know my reference to honey bears was a feeble attempt at humor and again my most sincere humble apologies to everyone so offended.

I've learned to put a smiley face on anything intended to be humorous because you all can't see me smiling when I say something that could be seen as stupid. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

3 hours ago, ToddF said:

There isn't a Minnesotan alive who hasn't thought at least once about moving to California. 😀

I'd love to move to San Diego where I hear the weather is fine all year around.

Linda, still stuck in Minnesota

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, Zulu said:

We took a Sunday drive in our backyard. 

Took some photos of AutoCamp (a "glamping" campground that bought out the old KOA). You may not like it, but I can see the appeal.

Wow!  $250-$400/night for an Airstream.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

8 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

Wow!  $250-$400/night for an Airstream.

Well, $439 is the top rate unless you want the flexibility of changing dates . . . then it's $571.

I think there're going to very successful.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

7 hours ago, sandsys said:

I'd love to move to San Diego where I hear the weather is fine all year around.

Linda, still stuck in Minnesota

I lived in San Diego for 35 years before I went full time in 2014.  They have the best weather in the country. In summer it is 80 daytime, 70 nighttime. In winter it is 70 daytime, 60 nighttime. The ocean water is cold however high 60s to low 70s in summer and 50s in winter. I left because of the high taxes, traffic and politics. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

On 12/5/2020 at 7:29 PM, DanZemke said:

Suggestion:  Congrats to Zulu and leave it at that.  Start another thread for a different topic.

Wow, talk only about what you think needs to be discussed or go away.  The cancel culture has hit the Escapees forum. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

7 minutes ago, ToddF said:

My guess is OP (Tom and Jan) still have nightmares about those old Wisconsin winters

They could also be like we are about Wyoming winters. We enjoy hearing from friends about the cold and snow that we are missing! And now we have a nephew in Wisconsin to share the winters there with us! I love to see pictures of new fallen snow.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

9 hours ago, ToddF said:

Weather is always a big reason folks cite for relocation. My guess is OP (Tom and Jan) still have nightmares about those old Wisconsin winters.🤣

For sure. I commuted from Green Bay to Manitowoc every day. About 40 miles. My last winter in 2012 before full timing was a nightmare. One dark winter morning during a snow storm a pickup truck passed me and then barrel rolled in front of me and into the grass median. I used to judge the severity of a snow by how many semis were in the ditch. Lovely.

So CA high prices, traffic, etc ain't scheiss to a WI winter. Everyone from the MidWest knows that.

And, like TwoTwos says repeatedly -- I also came to CA for the politics.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

On 12/8/2020 at 8:05 PM, Big5er said:

Wow, talk only about what you think needs to be discussed or go away.  The cancel culture has hit the Escapees forum. 

Big5er,

Here's what I said:

"The Slink Fire burning southwest of Tahoe near Topaz Lake and Coleville has consumed 26,752 acres and is 84% contained. Officials are hoping for full containment at the end of the week."

Changing the focus from crime danger to environmental danger smells to me like hunting for an approach which might stick.

------------------

Note that the complete text of the post I responded to, was deleted.  Earlier posts seemed to try to  connect Stockton, CA crime rates with the area that Zulu had moved to.

My intended suggestion was to quit denigrating Zulu's choice of his new domicile with suggestions that it was an unsafe area.

"Cancel culture" was a cheap shot.

In this case, I'm tolerating a post that appears to have come from an idiot, because I know he's not. 🙂

Edited by DanZemke
clarity