Aqua Hot Service

Twotoes

I am in the Escapees Co-Op in Benson AZ and need the annual service completed on my Aqua Hot 450 D. I went on Aqua Hots web site and there is only one mobil tech listed and he is located inTucson which is 45 miles away. He wants $150 for the drive to Benson plus $250/300 for the service. I normally pay about $200 total. Does anyone know of a Aqua Hot tech near Benson? TIA

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Is your aquahot working ok?  If you are running your diesel burner once a month on a regular basis the annual service can go  longer than annually. Servicing an aquahot is not difficult and consists of removing the Webasto burner, changing the nozzle, cleaning the photo disc, setting the electrodes, brushing out the combustion chamber, rotating the watts mixing valve, checking coolant level in tank, and changing the fuel filter.  A bit of a dirty job but easily done and the only parts needed are a new nozzle and fuel filter and a 10mm long socket with a 10-12" extension.  You should be able to find YouTube videos on this. Pay attention when attaching the Webasto burner since the 2 nuts are only put on snug! 

http://rvhydronicheaterrepair.com  is a good source for parts and info.

If you can change the oil in your car you can do this.

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

Yes, my Aqua Hot is working ok. I just need the routine annual service. I am full time so I am using it 24/7/365, and it has been well over a year since it was last serviced. I am handicapped and not able to do it myself. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

La Mesa RV is not a mobil service. I am looking for a mobil service. I may have to wait till summer. I guess it won’t hurt but I skipped the service last winter due to limited funds. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

Contact aqua soft directly for a listing of authorized mobile service technicians. 

Aqua-Hot Technical service department
Phone: 800-685-4298
Email: servicedept@aquahot.com
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mountain time

Our experienced technicians are available to answer any technical questions you may have, help you with parts questions and ordering and help you locate an Aqua-Hot Factory Authorized Service Center.

Edited by palmeris

Like jcussen said (hi Jim) buy a nozzle and filter, you should have these for spares, and look around the campground for another coach that might have an aquahot and ask who they use.  If they service theirs themselves you could offer to pay them to do yours.

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

There is a couple who winter in the same park as us, they always have an authorized Aqua-hot repair sign displayed. Ask your RV park office.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2020 at 8:24 AM, folivier said:

Like jcussen said (hi Jim) buy a nozzle and filter, you should have these for spares, and look around the campground for another coach that might have an aquahot and ask who they use.  If they service theirs themselves you could offer to pay them to do yours.

Sorry, it’s been awhile and I haven’t gotten back. I did ask around and got a referral from a friend in my park. Got the service done, $250 ($200 parts and $50 labor) and all is well. The service tech is not local but comes here for a week every year on his way to Quartzite. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

• 2 months later...

Yes I kept the receipt but I probably won’t be returning to AZ next season. It was very cold here, below freezing. I know it was an unusual winter, especially for TX,  it it’s the wind in the AZ desert that is killing my sinuses. I may go to FL again next winter. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer