hemsteadc

Quartzsite is dry

Got here yesterday.  Have to endure a couple days of heat before it cools down.  Trees, bushes are barely hanging on with all  the heat and presumably no rain.  We need some rain!

Arizona/California deserts have not had a monsoon this summer.  It is overly dry.  Normally the rains are plenty to keep everything alive.

Yes the desert needs rain BUT THE CALIFORNIA FORESTS ESP THOSE WITH FIRES need rain more.  Years of those federal lands being ignored has created a bad situation for fires during drought times.  I would think this may be another unfortunate fallout of the Great Recession and we havent caught up on all those things that were not done when the money was not available.

And its almost Nov and still unseasonably high temps in the Southwest.

The weather prediction for Phoenix on Monday is for showers, hope they make it over to Quartzsite. It did look dry and dusty 2 weeks ago. Good luck over the next two days, I’ll be so glad when they are over and it cools off.

I'm near Temecula, Jojoba Hills, and we had a 40% chance of rain earlier in the week.  Well, its down to 25% but skies dont look promising.  Too bad as many times what comes ashore and gives us rain will continue into Southern AZ. 

I’m in Benson at the Escapees Co-Op. The weather report is for rain tomorrow, Monday. We do have some clouds in the sky but I think there is only a slight chance of rain. 

Last time we were in Q was August 05. The RV  park requested we use our grey water on their nearby trees and shrubs, a bit each day. Good thing I carry a garden hose cap for the effluent pipe.

this is year (2020) three of below normal rain/snow totals. so forget the roses. i just hope we have enough drinking water to get us through to the winter of 2021