Mission, accomplished. Thanks Dan.

mr. cob

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news Dave.  If you postpone your trek south into January, you could always stop by our place and we could caravan down again.  We plan to leave the 13th.  If you come a couple days early and hang out, we could get those lights installed on your Can Am before we head down.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

14 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Good news Dave.  If you postpone your trek south into January, you could always stop by our place and we could caravan down again.  We plan to leave the 13th.  If you come a couple days early and hang out, we could get those lights installed on your Can Am before we head down.

Howdy Chad,

That sounds like a very good plan, will give me a bit more healing time and won’t cut into our quality time whist  in Quartzsite.  I was looking forward to spending New Year eve with Jim and Kellie but coming to your home doing the wiring where we have  access to whatever we may need just make’s more sense.

I will discuss this with Donna, and get back to you to confirm our arrival date at your home.  Thanks Chad, I really appreciate this.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

Just a note to let everyone know that Dan came to my home this morning to pick me up and take me to the RV shop that had been working on the main slide of my toy hauler.  Dan used his truck to get my trailer and tow it home, nice truck Dan.

I was impressed with the outside appearance of the seals and how the caulk was finished the last shop that worked on the trailer just slapped caulk on the trailer not bothering to smooth it out and remove the excess.  The slide worked better then it ever has, better then when it was brand new, how long this will continue to happen I don't know but right now I am a very happy camper.

Thanks Dan for replying to my SOS when this mess first started and I couldn't drive to get the trailer back home.  It was fun to talk to you and ride in someone else's truck, having the grab bars to use when climbing into and out of your truck was very helpful in my present condition.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Mr COB         Glad you are feeling much better. A ride in a big truck will always help you feel better. Seeing your pictures of Nam I get mixed feelings this time of year. I had just come back from boot camp at Great Lakes and was at home. On the 8th of Nov "The Angles Were Crying" over there. A song and video by Big and Rich called "The 8th of November" will explain. I ended up doing 30 years in the Navy but never made that West Pac run. Gulf yes. So as others have done I want to thank you for your service to our country. It wasn't easy being in the service then. If you ever get to the Norfolk Va Beach area just give me a call and I'll take you and family on a tour of the base. Might get on a ship.    Pat

The Old Sailor  

3 hours ago, JPL said:

Mr COB         Glad you are feeling much better. A ride in a big truck will always help you feel better. Seeing your pictures of Nam I get mixed feelings this time of year. I had just come back from boot camp at Great Lakes and was at home. On the 8th of Nov "The Angles Were Crying" over there. A song and video by Big and Rich called "The 8th of November" will explain. I ended up doing 30 years in the Navy but never made that West Pac run. Gulf yes. So as others have done I want to thank you for your service to our country. It wasn't easy being in the service then. If you ever get to the Norfolk Va Beach area just give me a call and I'll take you and family on a tour of the base. Might get on a ship.    Pat

The Old Sailor  

Howdy Pat,

Thanks for your kind words and offer of a tour should I find myself in your area.  Being in the service during those years had it's drawbacks, but to be honest it was "un-welcome home" that was the worst.  Thankfully most nowadays even if they are against whatever war we are in at the time don't take out their feelings on the warrior as was done in spades during the Vietnam war.  To be able to protest is part of what makes this country great, protest the war, protest the leaders who get us into such things, but to take out the frustrations people are feeling on those whose job it is go in harms way, is just plain wrong. 

I looked "8th. of November" up online, I was not aware of this tribute song.  I was dismayed that the youtube video had a flag-warning that some found this material to be offensive  and you had to click another link to be taken to the song. Ever since "coming home" from Vietnam, I have felt like a stranger in my own country, as the years have rolled by this feeling has grown stronger to the point of not recognizing the country I was born into and grew up in.  That a song written in tribute to our armed forces is considered "offensive" and warnings have to be posted before it can be listened too, is to "me" offensive.  Sorry to have turned this post into a rant but things like this grieves me to the core.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Mr Cob    I looked at your pictures and not being a bike enthusiast I really enjoyed the wide range of bikes and the beautiful country you have seen. You also have a beautiful Pete. But the picture I really enjoyed was the Nova coming off the line with the front wheels "in the air". I was in a car club in High School and we built a B/dragster. it ran 128 in 10.3. Small block chev. Then joined the Navy in 65 and off we went. If you ever get a chance call me 757-646-1686. Was that your collection of fire power? That was sweet. I'll close but glad you enjoyed the video. Did Chris C introduce the song? Take care, Stay safe.   Pat

The Old Sailor

17 hours ago, JPL said:

Mr Cob    I looked at your pictures and not being a bike enthusiast I really enjoyed the wide range of bikes and the beautiful country you have seen. You also have a beautiful Pete. But the picture I really enjoyed was the Nova coming off the line with the front wheels "in the air". I was in a car club in High School and we built a B/dragster. it ran 128 in 10.3. Small block chev. Then joined the Navy in 65 and off we went. If you ever get a chance call me 757-646-1686. Was that your collection of fire power? That was sweet. I'll close but glad you enjoyed the video. Did Chris C introduce the song? Take care, Stay safe.   Pat

The Old Sailor

Howdy Pat,

Ah yes, my 1968 Nova.  Depending on how I set the car up, spare tire in the trunk, one or two batteries in the trunk, back seat in the car and many other things I could run C Modified Production, D Modified Production, G or H gas, class.  I usually ran in the D Modified Production, that was the class I was the most competitive it. 

The car was 100% home built well home built and school built as I was going to vocational school at the time learning how to be a machinist. The best the car ever ran was 10.65 at 128mph, it usually ran 10.85 at 127mph consistently.  Pretty darn good for something put together in my one car shed really couldn't call it a garage.  I drag raced from mid 1969 until late August of 1974.  In 1974 the "Lanco" transmission became legal to run in Modified Production, The Lanco, cost more money then I had in my entire car.  

Every type of vehicle I have been into over the years I usually took it as far as my personal skill level and bank account could cover, the cost to compete is what ended each type of racing I got into.   If I couldn't be competitive I moved onto the next form of racing I could afford until it too became cost prohibitive.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg