Mission, accomplished. Thanks Dan.

mr. cob

Howdy All,

I am so screwed up right now that I can't drive can barely walk.  My trailer is now up at the PoulsboRV dealer just off of I-5 south of Mt. Vernon, they have been repairing the slide.  I am expecting a call any day saying the trailer is finished and to come pick it up.

As I said I can't drive, if you have time and are interested could you pick my trailer up, and park it in my yard.  You can use my truck, its a three pedal Auto-Shift, just use the clutch leaving from or coming to a full stop.  Or I will pay for your fuel if you use your truck.  My driveway is about 15 feet wide, trees on both sides, the trailer has to be backed, there is a slight grade to back up the first 100 feet, there is a slight curve to be made to get the trailer off to the side of the driveway to leave passage way on the driveway for the neighbor who lives behind me and shares the driveway.  Total distance the trailer must be backed is about 100 yards.  From my home to the dealer and back is about 80 miles.

I hate to ask for this kind of help but I really don't have a choice, the VA is working to schedule me for back surgery but I have no idea when that will happen but I know it will be long after the trailer has to be moved.   Call me at 360-333-2888 if you want to talk about this.  Thanks

Dave

Edited by mr. cob
new information, getting surgery.

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dan412 said:

Hi Dave I  can do it for you. I sent you a PM

Howdy Dan,

THANK YOU.  I will be in touch to work out the details when I get the word that the trailer is ready to be picked up.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave,

Hopefully you get everything sorted out.  I also wish you a speedy recovery.  Hopefully this doesn't mess with you winter travel plans too much.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Howdy All,

I just want to express my sincere gratitude to all who have gave well wishes and to those who have offered to help move my trailer.

The cause of this problem can be laid on the all expenses paid,  government sponsored tour, of South East Asia 52 years ago.  My unit had just finished a two week operation in an area know as "The Iron Triangle" as we were leaving from this area the friendly natives whom we were supposed to "win the hearts and minds" of decided to throw a going away party for us in the terms of well laid out and deadly ambush. 

At the time I was the track commander of an M113 modified as an ACAV ( Armored Cavalry Assault Vehicle ) our track B32 hit a mine and took two RPG rounds at the same time, my driver was killed, both of my gunners were wounded one badly, I was blown clear of the track and into the air.  It is so weird how a person remembers such things, at the time I was being thrown into the air because of the explosions I couldn't help but feeling like I was flying, I was not hurt, just going up, it was when I stopped going up and that moment when your just hanging before starting to fall is when I remember thinking this is going to HURT.  I have no idea how far up I was thrown, I am guessing at least 15 feet maybe 20 above the ground when I hit the ground I landed on the back of my head, and right shoulder, my back twisted, it knocked me out.

Since then I have had back problems, the nerves in my neck, right shoulder and arm sometimes go numb and that arm is very weak when that happens.  As the years passed my back has gotten worse with each episode culminating is what the Nero Surgeon diagnosed as Spinal Stenosis, so when it happens they are going to cut into my back and auger out the calcium build ups from my lower vertebrates which should relive pressure on Sciatic Nerve, that is causing all this pain.

The lesson being just because you were once young, tough, and seemingly invincible, doesn't mean your going to be that way forever, getting old sure ain't for sissy's but then again I never thought I would be around as long as I have been, so I am doing the best I can to keep on keepin on.

With luck this will all be DONE so I can recover and go south again this coming winter, I am so looking forward to spending more quality time with my HTD friends in and around Quartszite.

B32, before it was knocked out. This is the full crew, I am sitting on the left side of the 50 caliber machine gun shield, one of my gunners James, is sitting on the right side of the gun shield, my other gunner Johnson, is sitting to the left below me, my driver Stretch, is sitting on top of the drivers hatch to the lower right

The%20Crew%20of%20B-32-XL.jpg

Here's a photo of the full track, I am sitting behind the 50 cal, my gunner James, is manning his M60 machine gun to the rear right.  We were in the 3rd Platoon of B Trp, 1st Sqd, 4th Cavalry, 1st. Infantry Div.  Our platoon was known as the "Third Herd" thus the horse head on the side of the track, naming our tracks and guns was common practice at the time of the Vietnam war, I don't know if such things are still allowed.  Johnson and James, named the track itself "Bit O Soul".

B-32%20%201968-XL.jpg

Me sitting in the burned and blown out hull of B32, after the ambush, it having been recovered after the battle.

Me%20sitting%20in%20B-32%20after%20it%20

Dave

Edited by mr. cob
added photo

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

14 minutes ago, Danandfreda said:

Thank you for your service Dave, you and the many other heroes are the reason we get to do this. Take care and hopefully we’ll see you soon. 

Howdy Dan and Freda,

Thanks for your kind words.  "I" am not a hero, I was a scared kid doing a dirty job that I felt needed doing and was lucky enough to survive to tell the tale.  I look on every day as a gift to be enjoyed as much as possible and have taken it as a life long "mission" to live my life as best I can to honor those who didn't make it back to try to make their sacrifices worthy of the price they paid.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

31 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Dan and Freda,

Thanks for your kind words.  "I" am not a hero, I was a scared kid doing a dirty job that I felt needed doing and was lucky enough to survive to tell the tale.  I look on every day as a gift to be enjoyed as much as possible and have taken it as a life long "mission" to live my life as best I can to honor those who didn't make it back to try to make their sacrifices worthy of the price they paid.

Dave

And THAT is why I appreciate you, Dave.  There was job to be done and you went and did it.  THANK YOU!!

Marcel

2 minutes ago, rpsinc said:

And THAT is why I appreciate you, Dave.  There was job to be done and you went and did it.  THANK YOU!!

Howdy rpsinc, Marcel?

OK you folks have got to stop this, I'll soon be to embarrassed to show up at any future events.  I mean how can I retain my reputation as being a "Cob" ( Crabby old bastard ) with folks talking so nice about me.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

25 minutes ago, rollinbrian said:

Not to go off course with the thread but it seems there might be enough HDTs  in the PNW for a mini rally.

Howdy rollinbrian,

Sounds like a plan, just needs someone with organization skills to ramrod it.  Doing so, setting something like this takes a LOT OF WORK, JUST ASK CHAD, I am sure he would agree.  Count me in as an attendee and helper if someone wants to pick the ball up and run with it.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, soapguy said:

If you need a backup plan just send me a message, I'm right down the street.

Rob

Howdy Rob,

Welcome to the HDT list, if you need any help spending money on your truck you have come to the right place. If your interested, post up where you live or send me a PM, if your close maybe we can get together and swap lies when I am able.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 hours ago, rpsinc said:

Here is how you do it,  enjoy the moment.

Howdy rpsinc,

Will do, that made me laugh, thanks I needed that, the drugs must be kickin in.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy rollinbrian,

Sounds like a plan, just needs someone with organization skills to ramrod it.  Doing so, setting something like this takes a LOT OF WORK, JUST ASK CHAD, I am sure he would agree.  Count me in as an attendee and helper if someone wants to pick the ball up and run with it.

Dave

Well, maybe we start with coffee in a big parking lot somewhere.   Look over each others setup.

2017 Jayco Designer 37rs "Fiona"

2007 Volvo 670 "Henry"

1 hour ago, noteven said:

Dave you know I would divert to your co-ordinates and do this for you if you needed .... 'cept our fearless leaders are controlling who crosses what border.... 

Sounds like you have lots of help. 

Howdy noteven,

Yes the border situation sucks, hope our trails cross soon and this madness comes to end.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

54 minutes ago, rollinbrian said:

Well, maybe we start with coffee in a big parking lot somewhere.   Look over each others setup.

Howdy rollinbrian,

The first West Coast Rally, was just a meeting of interested folks at an RV Park, no big schedule of events, just meet, talk and plan for the future, its now going on five years if I remember correctly and has gotten BETTER each year.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg