National HDT Rally Starts Today!

sdixon747

The National HDT Rally officially begins today! Check in is from 12 to 4. I ask that not everyone show up at the same time, try to spread it out through the afternoon. When you do check in, please have your site number. Thanks and welcome to the National HDT Rally!

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

My face is cramping up from grinning. Dad used to say, "you have lots of friends you don't even know yet."

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

20 minutes ago, HERO Maker said:

Newbies!!!!  Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Says a fellow 2008 newbie!  ;)  (Actually I was technically a rookie back then, not a newbie, having owned my T2000 for a whole six or seven months by the time that the HDT Rally rolled around)

Y'all have a blast at the Rally this year!  Kathy and I hope to be able to join you again one of these years, but unfortunately, this wasn't the year.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Sad to see not much posted here regarding the Rally. Are all the photos and such on Facebook? Hope everyone had a great time and the breakfast in the morning is delicious as usual. 

Rod 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Rod,  we're having too much fun to take time posting much.  And the lack of wifi doesn't help. But hey, we're roughing it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

10 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Rod,  we're having too much fun to take time posting much.  And the lack of wifi doesn't help. But hey, we're roughing it.

Glad there is a lot of fun being had. What happened to the WiFi?  

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

It's not available unless you purchase it.  I was told it's $10/day.  So, I'm on an iPad, using up data.  

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

I never used it at the previous Rally's, but thought there was a password given out if someone wanted it. Sort of a steep price unless it's really fast and unlimited, but that's never the case. Never figured it before, but my phone, data, texting and all that for the smart phone cost's around $3.00 per day. Has been that way for many years though recently did take a 10% rise for some odd reason. Hopefully after it's all over some will share photos, attendance figures, and such with us here only on the forum. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

We used the park wi-fi in past years.  If you contact them, they have a "for the rally" that is much more reasonable than the daily rate.

Edited by Mark and Dale Bruss

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

4 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

We used the park wi-fi in past years.  If you contact them, they have a "for the rally" that is much more reasonable than the daily rate.

We've used it, too. Typical RV park WiFi speeds, but don't remember prices being horrible, and I'm cheap.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I didn't personally check, but another rally attendee said $10/day.  No rally discount available.   Perhaps I was mis-informed. Or maybe my hearing aide batteries were dead.......

Being old sucks.  Getting old was fun.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Howdy All,

Hope everyone at the National is having a great time, safe travels to all and PLEASE POST PHOTOS, thanks.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Here are a few pictures I took at the rally.

Trucks getting ready for the line up:

iFQPyB0l.jpg

yhFpptkl.jpg

Truck line up, from HDT group.

LyWgPpbl.jpg

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Some individual ones:

Our trailer getting ready for open house:

ee24cKml.jpg

Some others:

0sQ5olhl.jpg

bl39QdQl.jpg

PWVWNNBl.jpg

GuyjbLjl.jpg

Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Thanks for the photos. Is the Blue Spacecraft the one they brought this year? What did New Horizons bring or did they attend? Would have been great to see your trailer too Star Dreamer. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

X2. We've made lots of new friends here.  Gail and Steve did a great job, again.

Spacecraft, DRV, and New Horizons all brought display models, as well as Sportchassis.  There were a couple trailers and trucks for sale as well.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

5 hours ago, lappir said:

Thanks for the photos. Is the Blue Spacecraft the one they brought this year? What did New Horizons bring or did they attend? Would have been great to see your trailer too Star Dreamer. 

Rod

The Blue Trailer was Spacecrafts trailer for the show. New Horizons and DRV had trailers there too, parked just on the other side of the Spacecraft.

A great time was had by all, I think!  Lack of WiFi definitely put a damper on online activities.

Heres a couple of photos I took.  

V8oHSrQ.jpg

5hWoY8s.jpg

fOfA3UY.jpg

9HTJbdD.jpg

Made it home already back to work tomorrow.  1750 miles.  100 less than the typical ECR trip...

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

Holy cow Larry.  1750 miles in a day and a half? I'm thinking 375 tomorrow will be pushing it.

BTW, nice pics.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN