Visible Router Recommendations for Hotspot

Ski

On 10/13/2020 at 7:44 AM, mrschwarz said:

I have the same setup, except I am using the more versatile AR-750. I have set the same one up for a friend who is not so computer literate. The document is too big to post here. If you PM me, I would be happy to email it.

A couple of things to note. First, only use the Visible phone to provide internet to the router. Do not use it to try to access the router's admin page. In fact, Wifi for the Visible phone should be turned off.

Also, there are two USB ports on the router. The smaller one (like the one on your phone) is only to power the router. Make sure it's plugged into the power supply that came with it and any lights are on. The larger USB port (that looks like one on a PC or laptop is the one you plug your Visible phone into.

Once you have done that. Connect to the routers user interface using another phone, PC, tablet, or anything that can display a web page. That's how you configure the router. Let me know if you want a more detailed explanation or a copy of the document.

I hope I made this clearer and not more confusing.

I would be very interested in seeing your documentation. I have sent you a PM. Thanks. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

• 1 year later...

If you have Visible and want to connect more than one device to your hotspot the easiest option would be to use a Pixel phone as your hotspot. Pixel phones can have multiple hotspot connections, most phones are limited to just one hotspot connection on Visible service. 

The Pixel 3, 3a and newer are compatible with Visible service. I personally have been using a Pixel 3aXL as my hotspot for all of my home WiFi. I have 5 to 6 connections on average, including a Smart TV, Roku Streaming box, security camera, PC and 2 smartphones. I get an average download speed of 7 to 12 Mbps. My average monthly data usage is over 300GB. For 25$/mo I feel like I got a secret deal. I doubt you'll be able to find unlimited Internet for that price anywhere else. 

• 2 years later...

Maximizing your hotspot for multiple devices is a smart move. For an inexpensive router, consider models from TP-Link, Netgear, or Asus, known for their reliable yet affordable options. Look for routers with dual-band or tri-band capabilities to ensure smoother connectivity across devices.To set up your Verizon Fios router, follow the steps outlined in this guide: verizon fios login. It provides detailed instructions on logging in and configuring your router settings.Additionally, when choosing a router, consider factors like range, speed, and number of devices it can support simultaneously.

Edited by weynhuns

Visible Adds New Features to Premium Visible+ Plan

Premium Mobile Hotspot (using phone as a WiFi connection): Members on the new Visible+ plan can experience an increased mobile hotspot speed of up to 10 Mbps, up to two times faster than before. This also allows members to have an improved experience when connecting more than one device.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/visible-adds-new-features-to-premium-visible-plan-302100457.html#:~:text=Premium Mobile Hotspot (using phone,connecting more than one device.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 2 weeks later...

I use the GL.iNet 1300. I had a smaller one, before that. Works pretty well. I plug the Visible phone in the USB and do USB tethering and run a the TMO gateway in the WAN port, so I have both available and run the whole thing off the 12v plug in the bathroom. ;)

Using a router with a Visible phone has become largely irrelevant.   Visible no longer restricts the phone's hotspot to one device at a time (the reason for making an external router the single device) so multiple devices can connect directly to the phone's hotspot.  But all of them have to share the somewhat low 5 MBPS speed limit for the standard hotspot or 10 MBPS for Visible+.