Dr Fauci says he gets his flu shot “towards the middle and end of October”

DanZemke

I plan to do the same again this year.  Last year, it was a minor hassle for me, to find a local provider of a "65 or older" flu vaccine.

The linked vaccine finder web site allows you to select providers by various criteria like: distance, your age, and type of vaccine you want.  It's appears to be a pure public service site, without any desire to steer you in a particular commercial direction.  It does encourage you to get vaccinated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/16/when-dr-anthony-fauci-gets-his-flu-shot-and-why.html

https://www.vaccinefinder.org/

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

Yes, similar for me.  The dominant in-town pharmacies here are CVS, Wallgreens and Rite Aide, none of which were listed on the search results.  I got 13 matches for Flu (65+) within 10 miles.  They were supermaket/Walmart pharmacies, a local pharmacy that is not part of a chain, walk-in clinics and a visiting nurses group. 

This is sheer speculation on my part.  I suspect data is entered by the business at their option.  A flu shot is probably more a public service than a profit center.  So the more established players may have decided, "why bother".

Last year, I called CVS, Walgreens and Costco several times before one had 65+ shots in stock.  If I had known about this site, I would have tried the local CVS and then this site, and would probably have been on my way after 2 calls and 1 search.

Edited by DanZemke
minor correction

Costco Colorado Springs had the 65+ vaccines and we were there and only two ahead of us. So we got them a week ago. No reactions other than the  minor soreness for 24 hours.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

We have all of the mentioned drug stores near our home and they all do the flu shot. We got ours at wall greens  since they are the nearest.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

At the recommendation of our doctor, we got ours about a week ago. Living in a senior citizens community, the staff here arranged for a local independent pharmacy to come to us and to avoid any covid issues the actually came to each home. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We got ours the first of September, the pharmacies were advertising as was the AZ department of Public Health.  We’ll get another one in February if there is a lot of flu around.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

2 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

We got ours the first of September, the pharmacies were advertising as was the AZ department of Public Health.  We’ll get another one in February if there is a lot of flu around.

That seems reasonable. But after a few minutes of research, and navel gazing, I'm inclined to stick with Dr. Fauci's recommendation.

"In adults, studies have not shown a benefit from getting more than one dose of vaccine during the same influenza season, even among elderly persons with weakened immune systems."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/misconceptions.htm

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

On 9/25/2020 at 4:06 PM, DanZemke said:

This is sheer speculation on my part.  I suspect data is entered by the business at their option. 

It's right there on the home page of the website you linked to:

Are you a vaccine provider? Register to display your vaccination services.

If you would like to list a pharmacy, clinic, health department or other vaccine provider, you will first need to register for an account. After your account is approved, you will receive instructions on how to submit information about your vaccination services. There is no fee to participate in HealthMap Vaccine Finder.