My job requires a physical address

Sushiandwasabi

3 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I doubt that OR or WA would give him a driver's license with that. 

Are you saying he couldn't be domiciled in Texas while working in Oregon? I wonder if that's true given that Oregon does recognize continuous travelers? But, this is the reverse of that so I guess it would need more research. I certainly don't have the answers. I primarily see my role as asking questions (or, in other cases, sharing my experiences) for others to take into consideration. After all, none of us know what we don't know until someone helps us see.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

22 hours ago, JimK said:

Years ago when I was a full timer, I occasionally encountered some organization that required a physical address instead of a PO box.  The address provided from my mail service included "PMB" plus the mailbox number.  PMB was an abbreviation for personal mailbox.  In any case, I dropped the "PMB" and would enter the mailbox number as if it were an apartment number.  That seemed to satisfy everyone.  

We recently became fulltimers, and are becoming familiar with the PMB address also. I have tried both “pmb” and “#”, the implied apartment number seems to work best.  I am kicking in my 2¢ to say it still works.  

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

9 hours ago, sandsys said:

Are you saying he couldn't be domiciled in Texas while working in Oregon?

As a new Oregon resident, within 30 days you must:

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

9 hours ago, sandsys said:

.... I certainly don't have the answers. I primarily see my role as asking questions (or, in other cases, sharing my experiences) for others to take into consideration. ...

In my case you asked no questions.  You told me flat outright I was wrong.  Things have changed and a PMB is no longer sufficient.

Are you now saying you don't have facts?  You cannot tell me what has changed in the past few years and why a PMB no longer works?

1 hour ago, JimK said:

In my case you asked no questions.  You told me flat outright I was wrong.  Things have changed and a PMB is no longer sufficient.

I think what sandsys was trying to say was that "disguising" the use of a PMB by using a # sign or calling it an apartment no longer works as well as it used to because many (most?) financial institutions use software which appears to identify most (all?) PMB addresses regardless of what is entered.  

Having been a full-timer for 10 years I routinely avoid use of "PMB" for exactly the reasons JimK cited, but lately I've found that my "account records" often show my address as a PMB even though I know I didn't enter it as such.  Only once in the entire 10 years has a financial institution ever had an issue with the address and it was quite happy to accept my daughter's address instead.  Lately, it hasn't been a problem and last month we financed a new car using the PMB without any issue.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I never had any issues with banks or other financial institutions.  Perhaps that would arise when taking out a loan.  I can imagine a lender would be hesitant with a request from someone who is transient.  

The only issue I ever had was with an insurance company,  AARP-United Healthcare, that did not provide services in my new State.  That made sense but after some hesitation they accepted my new mailing address.  There was no issue with coverage.  

On 9/26/2020 at 2:29 PM, Kirk W said:

Because most, if not all states will not accept a business address for driver's licensing, voter registration, or legal domicile. Oregon is one of them.

Just as a data point--I've used two different business addresses for a Texas driver's license, with no problems.