supe 6 vs A

derfberger

2 hours ago, derfberger said:

Who makes the best diesel

That is a very subjective question, rather like asking if Ford or Chevy is better. Are you asking about the better diesel engine or the best chassis, or the best complete diesel pusher motorhome? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

If you are comparing a "Super C" to a Class A diesel pusher then I would say you do not get the same "space" for the length of the motorhome.   The 4-5 feet of engine space sticking out the front of the Super C is wasted area as far as living space. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

7 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Wonder which goes off road better?

I have see what appears to be HDT trucks with cherry pickers mounted on them with 4 wheel drive used to work on rural power lines.   So I guess you could get a Super C build on HDT 4x4 chassis.  

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

I am currently wrestling with this question.  I currently have a 2007 Dynamax built on a Freightliner chassis.  Built out for boondocking with solar and lithium batteries.  We spend most of our time boondocking down forest service and BLM gravel roads.  I would like larger holding tanks, so am looking at either a slightly larger Super C or a Tiffin Allegro Bus 37.  I like the bus but a rear engine and radiator may not deal well with a 50 mile gravel/dust road

For Super C, would only consider a Renegade or Showhauler.  Both are very well built.  For chassis, the minimum would be the M112 (NOT 106) Freightliner.  Allows placement of a larger engine

Edited by fly2low

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

7 hours ago, fly2low said:

I am currently wrestling with this question.  I currently have a 2007 Dynamax built on a Freightliner chassis.  Built out for boondocking with solar and lithium batteries.  We spend most of our time boondocking down forest service and BLM gravel roads.  I would like larger holding tanks, so am looking at either a slightly larger Super C or a Tiffin Allegro Bus 37.  I like the bus but a rear engine and radiator may not deal well with a 50 mile gravel/dust road

For Super C, would only consider a Renegade or Showhauler.  Both are very well built.  For chassis, the minimum would be the M112 (NOT 106) Freightliner.  Allows placement of a larger engine

I would not take a rear engine diesel, especially one with the radiator in the rear behind the engine repeatedly down a dusty road.  I would be very concerned about all the dust getting on the radiator. 

Watch out for the overhang behind the rear axle as well as a really long wheel base when going down gravel roads.  Easy to drag the rear bumper or get high centered.

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

the Class A I was considering has a side radiator, but having no experience with them, I still suspect they are problematic considering how I would use them.

The Newmar linked above meets my chassis requirements, but having looked at them, the Renegade Classic, and the equivalent Showhauler, I feel the later two are a better value.  Especially since one of my criteria is a length of < 40 feet

Edited by fly2low

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

4 hours ago, fly2low said:

the Class A I was considering has a side radiator, but having no experience with them, I still suspect they are problematic considering how I would use them.

The Newmar linked above meets my chassis requirements, but having looked at them, the Renegade Classic, and the equivalent Showhauler, I feel the later two are a better value.  Especially since one of my criteria is a length of < 40 feet

How about this one: http://www.motorhomeclassifieds.com/286823.html

OH-wait, you indicated less than 40'.

0_3.jpg

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961