Thor Aria

MarkB

I'd like to hear from owners of Thor motorhomes and in particular the Thor Aria.  I really like the Aria on paper, but I'm wondering how it performs, how is the craftsmanship and are they problem free or are you frequently having it in for repairs.  I'm posting this because I've seen some poor reviews but also believe that people that have issues are the only people that write reviews so I may not be getting the full picture here.  Thanks.

Edited by MarkB

I have no experience with this particular RV but have read many, many reviews about the poor quality of anything that Thor produces. I would suggest looking for "owners groups" of that particular RV on Facebook. We did this with a couple of different makes and models of Rv's and learned some very valuable information about particular Rv makes and models that we were considering purchasing .In one case it saved us from buying a very poorly built Rv.  Best of luck to you!

36 minutes ago, coachmac9 said:

I have no experience with this particular RV but have read many, many reviews about the poor quality of anything that Thor produces. I would suggest looking for "owners groups" of that particular RV on Facebook. We did this with a couple of different makes and models of Rv's and learned some very valuable information about particular Rv makes and models that we were considering purchasing .In one case it saved us from buying a very poorly built Rv.  Best of luck to you!

Thanks for responding, I may not be that good with Facebook, I found only two groups and both were private.  There was one other group for Thor complaints but it had six members and few comments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thor owns many brands of RVs, you would be amazed how many (e.g. Airstream, Jayco, Entegra). Thor and Forest River brands combined make 80% of new RVs. There is some variation in the many Thor and FR brands (e.g. Airstream has better quality than Jayco, but you pay for it). RV build quality for the stuff we can afford to buy is mediocre to poor but a fact of life. If manufacturers made the quality product we want, then most would choose the much cheaper product of lower quality. They build what people want and are willing to pay for. Most people buy based on floor plan and amenities than build quality. Me too. I want a Thor Aria 4000. Aria is among the least expensive diesel pushers that has the floor plan and amenities I want. I would prefer better build quality but don't want to pay for it. Tiffin was considered a better quality independent brand that Thor bought last year. That may be a good brand to buy before Thor finds ways to cut costs.