Wintering in Yuma

rynosback

I have looked at RV Park reviews and there are a TON of RV parks. I wonder because of Covid will it be easier to find spaces because the Canidians will not be coming down to winter. I think events, gatherings, games and even some immensities will be closed down because of Covid. So I’m thinking that your really only going to pay for your spot. What CG do you recommend? Thanks

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I have found lots of available lots advertised on Craigslist.  Some for rent and some for sale.  I am thinking that some might be looking to eliminate costs by selling lots since they(if Canadians) are not able to come this winter.  I went to the Yuma CL and just entered RV Lots and found many listings.

Marcel

I have heard rumors that the border with Canada may reopen soon, not sure. In any event there are many so called Resorts in Yuma. Go on campgroundreviews.com, type in Yuma AZ and dozens will show up.  Each will have a link to their own web site. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

The Escapee park, Kofa co-op is there but they do not take reservations. If you are into dry-camping and doing the boondocks, then you may want to check out Senator Wash LTVA.

I looked at them. My rig is a queen and likes to be plugged in every night. 😀

I love going to SKP parks as there are a lot of card games that we play. But this was part of my post. Due to Covid I would think all that is being canceled. So what you are getting when you camp now is just a spot.

2 hours ago, rpsinc said:

I have found lots of available lots advertised on Craigslist.  Some for rent and some for sale.  I am thinking that some might be looking to eliminate costs by selling lots since they(if Canadians) are not able to come this winter.  I went to the Yuma CL and just entered RV Lots and found many listings.

Thanks, I keep forgetting to look at CL.

2 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I have heard rumors that the border with Canada may reopen soon, not sure. In any event there are many so called Resorts in Yuma. Go on campgroundreviews.com, type in Yuma AZ and dozens will show up.  Each will have a link to their own web site. 

If you read my post, I have briefly looked at Campground Park Reviews. I was asking for advice as I know a lot of SKPs stay there. But I guess I will take the 20 hours to check out the 71 campgrounds in Yuma. Thanks for your help. 

2 hours ago, rynosback said:

If you read my post, I have briefly looked at Campground Park Reviews. I was asking for advice as I know a lot of SKPs stay there. But I guess I will take the 20 hours to check out the 71 campgrounds in Yuma. Thanks for your help. 

Campground Park Reviews is not campgroundreviews.com, and you don’t have to look at all 71, just the dozen or so that are rated 7 or above. You don’t have to be so sarcastic. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

rynosback, as a 17 year "winter veteran" in Yuma, the number 71 is close. Several years ago the Yuma Sun came up with 73. Now all RV parks are not created equal. Some were built before slides and have never upgraded. My definition of them is, "I can pass a ham sandwich back and forth to the next neighbor or if I have dually, I may have my choice parking it or putting the awning out. Amenities can range anywhere from 0 to more than you want. Big rig friendly depends on the park. Several on N. Frontage RD. are close to the RR tracks. They just vary. My advice is to always come into a park for maybe a week, drive the area and physically scope out parks. Amazing what you will find. Never make a long term reservation with out eyeballing it first. You could spend a miserable winter. Due the border crossing with our northern friends, who knows. They pushed it out again to October 21. If they open it will they come. Many Canadian rigs in parks all set up including park models etc. We now have our own RV lot out in the Foothills. Like a poster said check CL Yuma vacation rentals. They are now starting to really appear. It is really what you need or want. And of course many Canadians own property out here so no one knows for sure what will give. I talked to a park manager a couple of weeks ago and she only had 2 Canadian cancellations but said that they were looking more at the last week of this month or the first week of October for more. They did have quite a few US folks on a waiting list, but will they feel comfortable coming. I'm not into numbers per say, but they are way down here. Games etc. could be cut back for social distancing. A craft show friend of ours told us that most craft shows won't start until 2021.  

If I can be of anymore help just PM me. More than glad to help.

22 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

Yes, pinger it is open. Dentistry and meds. Border crossing open 6 AM to 2 PM. No exceptions!

Also does California Quarantine you for a fews days after entering the state . I had a friend that moved to Idaho and the state had quarantined her for 14 days..  

us.navy.sere.patch.16.jpg

13 hours ago, pinger said:

Also does California Quarantine you for a fews days after entering the state . I had a friend that moved to Idaho and the state had quarantined her for 14 days..  

In Stage 3, a 14-day self-quarantine is encouraged for people entering Idaho from another country or from an area outside Idaho with substantial community spread or case rates higher than Idaho.Aug 13, 2020

Although not required in California, it's always safer to quarantine yourself if you can't get tested. This is to reduce the risk of spreading the virus to others. You can shorten your time in isolation, however, if you get a negative test.Aug 7, 2020

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI