Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed.

Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I agree.  She was a 4 time cancer survivor already, but  liver cancer is terminal. I really hope both parties have enough respect to  honor her before throwing mud.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

18 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

I agree.  She was a 4 time cancer survivor already, but  liver cancer is terminal. I really hope both parties have enough respect to  honor her before throwing mud.

A small correction, she passed due to pancreatic cancer, not liver cancer.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

She made a last request that they hold off until after the election to replace her.  I wish they would honor her request.  She was a great person all around.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

3 hours ago, Chalkie said:

A small correction, she passed due to pancreatic cancer, not liver cancer.

I saw that today, 20 minutes after her death the report said liver. a person cannot live without either.

Edited by Ray,IN

5 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Her original cancer site was pancreas.  She has had 'mets' in different parts of the body. 

No one is every 'cured' of cancer, we all just go into remission.

She never gave up, even after surviving 4 bouts with cancer prior this one. Never missed a court session during all that.

I agree completely Jim. Well said!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

question:

to 2gypsies.

please post up the news report of her stating this last “request”. aka: video with audio.

as i do not believe she would be thinking of this on her last day alive. far more important Family matters at that time.

if she was even aware of what was going on around her at that time.

not trying to start a argument, just anyones job is of no importance to them when they are in a death bed. and seeing as this revelation was stated a day after she died. not the day-week-month before.

packnrat,  I suggest you google something akin to "Ruth Bader Ginsburg" last request. It should come up on more than one news source. I would read several.  Then draw your own conclusion as you are allowed to do. There have already been post removed over this including a portion of one of mine. Maybe correctly so as monitering a bunch of old opinionated seniors is much akin to herding cats.

i never said anything bad about her passing. it does not matter if one liked her or not. the loss of a human life is bad. but it is part of just living.

i said nothing political.  just asked for a link to her public statement on this subject. i am not so good at finding some things on line and this is one of them.

• Kirk W locked this topic