Quartzite this winter?

3 minutes ago, rpsinc said:

Social distancing practices this year will likely be the order of the event.

That's going to be difficult in the big tent unless they limit how many can come in.  I think this year is a good time to just stay out in desert and meet up with friends.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

1 hour ago, 2gypsies said:

That's going to be difficult in the big tent unless they limit how many can come in.  I think this year is a good time to just stay out in desert and meet up with friends.

Agreed, that would be social distancing for sure, at least in most cases.

Marcel

Well, the AZ Liquor Board is pulling the liquor licenses of those bars/restaurants that don't abide by the  requirements for opening.  And it was pretty dramatic the first weekend when all of the college students went out to party, filled up some well-known bars the first night, posted all over social media, and the NEXT day their liquor licenses were pulled and signs posted on their doors that they were closed!   That got everyone's notice.    

Last week the mayor of Scottsdale and their city council reminded their mask order - which made the 'go ahead and everyone get sick' crowd in that town happy, but had no real effect since the COUNTY wide mandate on masks is in effect.  All of the major hospital systems then took our ads saying how important it was for everyone to keep on with the masks, etc., since the numbers of hospitalizations is down.   Numbers of new cases is spiking again, though, but mainly on the college campuses.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

5 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Well, the AZ Liquor Board is pulling the liquor licenses of those bars/restaurants that don't abide by the  requirements for opening.  And it was pretty dramatic the first weekend when all of the college students went out to party, filled up some well-known bars the first night, posted all over social media, and the NEXT day their liquor licenses were pulled and signs posted on their doors that they were closed!   That got everyone's notice.

I like it!

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It’s going to be interesting to see if Quartzsite will be the same as usual this year.  Driving around today I’m thinking it will be very similar.  There are a few people out in the LTVAs even though the weather is still triple digits.  Silly Al’s Pizza looked as popular as normal last night when I picked up my take-out pizza.  There were a few folks erecting tents in the Tyson Wells shopping area, so at least some of the vendors are going to be in front of the big tent.  RV parks aren’t empty by any means but there’s more empty sites than filled one everywhere - I think that’s pretty normal at this time of year?  I’ve never been here this early before so I don’t know whether conditions now will indicate a “business as usual” year or not.