Any value to an Old Verizon Unlimited plan

Mr&Mrs Duet

We still have an old plan and use it, but Verizon has really locked it down. If we go over our allocated 700 minutes of talk time, Its $1.00 a minute!!! (currently fighting that, it was .10 per minute)  Also, they will not let us add any more devices, so no Jet pack, tablets etc, just our phones. And the new Note 9 can't even be used as a hotspot no changes to the plan.  So the question is, Is there a way to sell the old plan to someone that can use it and we'll just get a fresh one? Or should we just bite the bullet and upgrade to a new limited data "unlimited plan"?  I'm thinking with 5G coming, it's not going to make much difference in the near future.

Keith & Jodi
Fleetwood Expedition 34H

25 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Since a plan is between you and Verizon and covers specific phones (or sims) and you as the other party, how do you sell it?

Verizon - Transfer your service FAQs

https://www.verizon.com/support/transfer-your-service-faqs/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

3 hours ago, kurtsara said:

Why would you try to sell it? Just upgrade. 

Since it is a truly unlimited plan, some one working from the road may find it of benefit. The new unlimited plans have caveats and limitations on the term "unlimited"  Not having intentions of full timing, it MAY not be that much of a limitation to me, However, the 700 minutes of talk time is becoming one, especially with the egregious rate for going over.

1 hour ago, pjstough said:

How much does your plan cost?

About 200 for 2 lines

Keith & Jodi
Fleetwood Expedition 34H

3 minutes ago, Mr&Mrs Duet said:

Since it is a truly unlimited plan, some one working from the road may find it of benefit. The new unlimited plans have caveats and limitations on the term "unlimited"  Not having intentions of full timing, it MAY not be that much of a limitation to me, However, the 700 minutes of talk time is becoming one, especially with the egregious rate for going over.

About 200 for 2 lines

I have an old plan as well. I pay $130 per month. I believe it is limited to 700 minutes per month,  with unlimited text and data.  I never come close to the 700 minutes, but as I do more streaming using my phone as a hotspot using FoxFi my data usage is going up. Last month I used about 80 gig of data, but I have heard of people with these plans using up to 1000 gig of data per month.

I do believe there is value in these plans, but not sure all the details to sell them, but I do see there are some for sale on e-bay.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

We have a plan with unlimited and got two new Moto Z3 phones two years ago I believe. With Verizon's military discount we pay $102  for unlimited on two phones including all fees and taxes. I have in the past gotten two new Moto Z Play phones for opening a new prepaid plan back in 2015. Same price as now after we switched two new lines on a postpaid plan. Always pay auto pay, and have unlimited data, calls, texts. I am going to check on that T-Mobile plan and a few others.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

The old gUDPs (grandfathered unlimited data plans) haven't been able to survive the transfer of liability process in a couple of years now. They'll just revert to a 2GB plan and you'll lose the unlimited data component, never able to get it back. 

However, these plans continue to just work as unlimited high speed hotspot data if you put them in a Jetpack or router. So if your goal is unlimited hotspot use, you could consider that. However, keeping your phone number or porting it out is very difficult while still keeping the plan. 

For more on these plans: http://www.rvmobileinternet.com/gudp

And for all our news on 5G, including Verizon's most recent new plans: http://www.rvmobileinternet.com/5g/

Edited by Technomadia

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors