Gas furnace failing ....strange

13 hours ago, andy hancock said:

But ....it feels good to have it fixed......it's getting cold at night here.

Glad to hear that things are resolved. It sounds like your propane supplier has run into that sort of issue before. Does the 100 # tank not have it's own pressure regulator? Would it be possible to have then put in an oil trap between the 100# tank and your RV? 

sediment-trap-3355-700x525_1_orig.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk.......I don't see anything that looks like a pressure regulator on the 100# tank? The supplier still hasn't shown up to exchange the tank out. I agree with you that the supplier's behavior seems to imply that they know of this issue.  I'm still running on my on-board 7 gallon tank.  The 8 foot black iron distribution pipe has all take-offs to appliances directly off the top......and so, it may act as a low point and drip leg. I did get approx 4 to 5 tablespoons of oil out of this pipe when I blew air though it.  And it's not mounted in a level position on the 5th wheel frame so that oil could have collected at a low point.  This could explain the strange behavior of the furnace not firing until the sun was on that pipe? That oil may solidify some at low temps? I will ask about a trap or drip leg when they show up.

Everything worked perfectly overnight last night which pleased the wife very much.  It's so nice when the wife is pleased.

USMC, Fulltiming since '99, Winnebago Sightseer 29R, Ranger PU tow, Hughes, Gregor car top boat, Suzuki DR-350 motorcycle, Blue Ribbon Coalition